What's new

weishi?

Hello all,
Newbie here lookking for some info on a safety razor named Weishi. I was just on Amazon and I saw the name brand. Wondering if they are worth the time and money. They run from $13 to $20. The more expensive come in a case with a sample pack of blades. I bought my first and so far only razor on amazon. A Parker 90R long handle. I am fairly happy with it so far. Waiting for a Gillette SS to pop up here to grab. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks, fellas, Matthew

Welcome! Have you discovered the review section here yet? You'll find some user reviews of the Weishi there.

The Weishi was the first DE razor I tried when I returned to shaving with them last year. I had a lot of trouble getting a close shave with it. The Parker 90R has a lot of critics, too, but if you have one already, I don't think you'll improve on it with the Weishi. Yes, I've used both of them. [Edit] I should clarify that I was reasonably satisfied with the Parker, myself.

Some people have given the Weishi fairly good marks, so don't take anyone's opinion as final. If you already have the Parker, though, and are looking at a Super Speed, then I think the Weishi would be kind of redundant, even as a backup razor.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
+1 on the review.

The Weishi isn't too bad but something like a SuperSpeed is much better. Better build and works better. The Merkur HD is a different beast but is supposed to be a very good starter!

Welcome! Have you discovered the review section here yet? You'll find some user reviews of the Weishi there.

The Weishi was the first DE razor I tried when I returned to shaving with them last year. I had a lot of trouble getting a close shave with it. The Parker 90R has a lot of critics, too, but if you have one already, I don't think you'll improve on it with the Weishi. Yes, I've used both of them.

Some people have given the Weishi fairly good marks, so don't take anyone's opinion as final. If you already have the Parker, though, and are looking at a Super Speed, then I think the Weishi would be kind of redundant, even as a backup razor.

Agree. For another $7-10 you can get a Merkur 1904 and for another $12-15 you can get a Edwin Jagger DE89, both much, much better choices. I own and have used the two razors I quoted as well as the Weishi and Parker you have. I would rank them, based on the performance for me, in the following order (best to not as good) EJ DE89 (I have the DE89L long handle), Merkur 1904; Parker, big gap... Weishi.

I bought a Weishi before I knew it was made in China. I wish that I never bought it. Wait for a Gillette Super Speed. Much better razor and not much more in cost.

I found the Weishi razor far too mild. I wasn't able to obtain a decent shave unless I made about 4 passes.

As did I. I won one in a contest, and shaved with it only once. It was so mild, that I found it to be totally useless. I can get a DFS in 3 passes with a Gillette Tech, but the Weishi is way milder than a Tech. I estimate it would have taken six passes to get the same level of quality I get from my tech; so effectively it is useless.

I have several Flair Tip Superspeeds, a Tech, and a Lady Gillette I would be willing to part with for good prices. Drop me a PM if interested. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom