What's new

Shick hydro razor

I read an article this morning in the paper about the Shick Hydo razor. This new razor is supposed to be the next big state of the art thing to make all single blades a thing of the past.Has anyone actually used this thing and is it all that it is hyped up to be?:glare:

Take a look in the safety razor review section, it gets quite nice reviews. It would seem that it is a bargain compared to the Gillette offerings.

Take a look in the safety razor review section, it gets quite nice reviews. It would seem that it is a bargain compared to the Gillette offerings.

I have thoroughly reported my findings in that thread, but in a nutshell, it's probably the best currently produced cartridge razor, and miles ahead of Gillette's crappy offerings; the Fusion Pro Glide is not out yet, but I am 100% certain it will be superior to that monstrosity as well.

I have to admit, i've been reading the reviews and they are mostly stellar, ok a de will be better but this one must have gillette a 'little' bit worried.

Can't wait for the wilkinson variety to hit over here.

I have thoroughly reported my findings in that thread, but in a nutshell, it's probably the best currently produced cartridge razor, and miles ahead of Gillette's crappy offerings; the Fusion Pro Glide is not out yet, but I am 100% certain it will be superior to that monstrosity as well.

I saw the "Sneak Preview" box for the Pro Glide at Target, $10.99 for all those that dare try. It comes with a can of Edge Hydra gel, the thermal face wash and after shave balm in trial sizes. I might even are myself.

I used the Schick Hydro 3 this morning. It's not a bad shave. The razor is just too light for me. The lubrication strip is out of control on the Hydro. I didn't get any horrible irritation at all. It isn't going to make me give up my other razors by any means, but I could see it being a nice alternative to what is out there currently. I am not so sure what major advancement if any are in this razor. It just seemed like a multi-blade razor with an insane lube strip.

I saw the "Sneak Preview" box for the Pro Glide at Target, $10.99 for all those that dare try. It comes with a can of Edge Hydra gel, the thermal face wash and after shave balm in trial sizes. I might even are myself.

I used the Schick Hydro 3 this morning. It's not a bad shave. The razor is just too light for me. The lubrication strip is out of control on the Hydro. I didn't get any horrible irritation at all. It isn't going to make me give up my other razors by any means, but I could see it being a nice alternative to what is out there currently. I am not so sure what major advancement if any are in this razor. It just seemed like a multi-blade razor with an insane lube strip.

I tried the hydro 5 for a week last month. The shaves were smooth and comfortable. However I have to agree the lube strip is pretty much overkill for the first couple of shaves and then it seems to settle down as you use it up. I like the idea that you have the option of using the 3 or the five blade razor, and the cartridges will interchange on the handles. Personally I like this razor a lot better than the fusion.

Clayton

Marketing??... It's a fantastic razor. Quite possibly the best of the cart type systems I've tried, it's like it was MADE for skullscraping! Gillette's new razor hasn't even been released yet and I'm seeing five Gillette commercials to one for the Hydro. A killer product at a realistic (comparatively speaking) pricepoint. Clip a coupon for one of these. They sell for 7 bucks and there's $5 coupons in every Sunday paper nationwide. For a measly two dollars you can test drive one of these. The many shaves you can get out of the two included carts are easily going to be worth two dollars. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom