What's new

Finally bit the bullet...

I finally did it. I ordered a 2-oz sample of The Veg (and musk, and lime sec, and Clubman) from Clubmanonline.com so that I can submit myself for judgment of The Veg. While I was at it, I figured I'd round out the order with a bottle of Special Reserve and Vanilla.

I'm waiting for it to arrive with a little trepidation. :001_huh: Will I be one of the Chosen?

Here's some advice. Don't judge the veg by smelling it right out of the bottle. The plastic does interfere with it a bit. Get it out of the bottle onto your skin and let the true scent come out. It's good stuff! If you're scared to go splashing it all over your face at first, just to try the scent, splash a little on your wrist or something and then smell it. I tried the Veg recently for the first time. I've used it a few times now and I love it. It does smell completely different once you get it out of the bottle. Let us know what you think!

Thanks for the advice. I've been following the comings and goings of the various factions related to The Veg with great amusement and no little interest, since we're into historical reenactment (currently mostly American civil War). Trying it on the skin rather than straight from the bottle was definitely on my things to do.

I'm a little leery of splashing it on straight to the face, though. What if I'm rejected? :blush: Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to trying it.

One other idea is to do a "night shave" and use it afterwards. Even if you hate the scent, it will be gone by morning.

You may have to sleep on the couch though :lol:

Thanks for the advice. I've been following the comings and goings of the various factions related to The Veg with great amusement and no little interest, since we're into historical reenactment (currently mostly American civil War). Trying it on the skin rather than straight from the bottle was definitely on my things to do.

I'm a little leery of splashing it on straight to the face, though. What if I'm rejected? :blush: Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Have you had a chance to try the veg yet? Just wondering what you thought of it.

I guess I am one of the chosen that can do the veg but that special reserve club man is the worst. I had tried it after shaving right out of the shower and as soon as I put it on I was back in the shower. I like the veg but that special reserve is just plain nauseating.

Have you had a chance to try the veg yet? Just wondering what you thought of it.

It hasn't put in an appearance quite yet, but I expect it either today or tomorrow. It's shipping from about 90 minutes away by car, but coming by USPS, and it went out last night.

I just hope that the Special Reserve is OK too. I got a full bottle of Vanilla, though, just in case. :lol:

It hasn't put in an appearance quite yet, but I expect it either today or tomorrow. It's shipping from about 90 minutes away by car, but coming by USPS, and it went out last night.

I just hope that the Special Reserve is OK too. I got a full bottle of Vanilla, though, just in case. :lol:

Mmmmm! Clubman Classic Vanilla! :thumbup1:

I snapped a shot of the guys removing the veg from the Smith property.

proxy.php

Vanilla is good stuff.

OP, did you get the Clubman Musk or Citrus Musk?

Glad to hear that the Vanilla is good stuff. I admit that it was a blind buy. I ordered the sample of regular musk, but would have liked to order both. They were out of some of the samples.

I have been CHOSEN! (SWMBO said "ooo! That's nice!")

Then I had her smell it right out of the bottle (Wanna smell something bizarre? These are the same...). Her reaction to the raw juice? "Whatever it's carried in is HORRIBLE! But I like that!"

:w00t:

I have been CHOSEN! (SWMBO said "ooo! That's nice!")

Then I had her smell it right out of the bottle (Wanna smell something bizarre? These are the same...). Her reaction to the raw juice? "Whatever it's carried in is HORRIBLE! But I like that!"

:w00t:

Then the wall adjacent to her was shattered by a stray cannon ball. Then in through the hole climbed courage personified, who slapped you on the back and said you were finally a man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom