What's new

Post your shave dens!

I'm remodeling my bathroom this week, and am planning on putting in a cabinet dedicated to wetshaving. Pictures to follow upon completion. Will take pictures of the process if anybody is interested.

I'm remodeling my bathroom this week, and am planning on putting in a cabinet dedicated to wetshaving. Pictures to follow upon completion. Will take pictures of the process if anybody is interested.

I'd say it's a safe bet that we are interested. :tongue_sm

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You have a wetshaving store? If not, are you using everything? :tongue_sm

You have a wetshaving store? If not, are you using everything? :tongue_sm

Do you live at Classic Shaving or SRD? This is past the hobby level.lol
proxy.php

Gentlemen:

Thank you! I had trepidation about posting mine especially after seeing Sandoval's collection of Simpsons as well as Chris' not to mention scoof's soaps it was rather daunting.

I figured mine was small collection and no one would notice but I sure as hell was wrong hahahah..

My buddy had mentioned after he showed me this thread months ago that over past few months, when my boars expanded he said something along lines of "when I showed you that B&B thread it was to show you how cool the dens are. I didn't expect you to mimic Simpson guy..."
proxy.php

On serious note, of 50 some brushes I've used everything at least once with exception to few boars. Badgers I haven't really touched until recently.

With soaps I've been using Irena's ( Ginger's Garden ) and Olivia's as well as Ogallala Bay Rum exclusively. Here in there I'll pop in cream or soap to compare and document.

I think it would take me about 30mins each time I went to shave to just pick out what I wanted to use for that day :blink:

Very nice collection by the way :thumbup1:

How hard can it be? I worked as an electrician for three and a half years. :lol:

so you served a 4 or 5 year apprenticeship and then wrote your state/provincial exam and then worked for 3.5 years as an electrician?

if you did then you realize there is a codebook that needs to be followed.

you are also aware that should there be an electrical fire and a licenced electrician was not used, then the insurance company will disallow the claim.

additionally, some jurisdictions require only licenced journeymen or masters to do work (or a registered apprentice under the direct supervision of a journeyman or master)

wow ull should post how much ull have blown on it to . I only have 1 boar brush and 1 badger , 1 Slim adjustable . I do have quite a few soaps. Im curious why you would need so many brushes or razors. I gotta take a pic of my shave den so i can post it on here

so you served a 4 or 5 year apprenticeship and then wrote your state/provincial exam and then worked for 3.5 years as an electrician?

if you did then you realize there is a codebook that needs to be followed.

you are also aware that should there be an electrical fire and a licenced electrician was not used, then the insurance company will disallow the claim.

additionally, some jurisdictions require only licenced journeymen or masters to do work (or a registered apprentice under the direct supervision of a journeyman or master)

First off, that was meant to be a joke. Hence the lol smiley face st the end.

Second, no, I am not licensed. I worked for a place that built modular commercial structures. I do know about codes. We had to pass codes for all over the world. The toughest was a job sent to Germany. We did several jobs for the Navy also. Those were...interesting. When I left, I was second in charge. I was also the go to guy for trouble shooting and complicated bending. There were things my boss wouldn't touch. He would assign me to it.

You are correct. I have been out of the field for at least eight years. So, I don't remember much about specific locales. However, most places do allow a homeowner to do their own work. That is why I've had to do an awful lot of wiring for friends and family. You still have to be up to code.

As I stated, it was a joke. That being said, don't assume I am ignorant because I wasn't licensed.

I blame you guys! Whenever I turn around, things seem to multiply in my bathroom cabinet/den. :001_cool: Just back from a couple of days in Berlin and found a few things that are not available here to add to my shelves....

proxy.php

Top Bottom