What's new

Nice surprise

I came down stairs tonight after shaving (working nights) and SWMBO says to me " you smell nice." A pleasant surprise indeed. Who do I have to thank for this? Why the CLUBMAN of course! :laugh:

Gerry

Have any of you ever tried Booster Polar Ice? If so, is it similar to Clubmans? Both are described as having that classic barber shop scent.

When I first bought Clubman, my wife was indifferent to it. Now, when I ask her, "Which aftershave would you like me to put on?" she reply's, "Pinaud Clubman."

I'm not sure if she likes it a lot or if she just dislikes the others more!

I have found an odd and interesting fact regarding aftershaves and my wife. If I do not tell my wife the name of the aftershave and just come in after shaving she will comment on how nice it smells. However, if I show her a new bottle and then go shave with it she tells me it smells like "old man." I guess that just goes to show the power of a priori perceptions and bias.

Last edited:
Have any of you ever tried Booster Polar Ice? If so, is it similar to Clubmans? Both are described as having that classic barber shop scent.
I have and use both. The scents are not at all similar, though both do smell nice.

Thanks for clarifying. I just ordered some Clubmans and didn't want it to be practically the same as the other.

I had a similar experience this weekend. During the week, I will usually wear a more expensive cologne, but Sunday I used Clubman and it was the first time in a while that my wife commented on how good I smelled.

I have found an odd and interesting fact regarding aftershaves and my wife. If I do not tell my wife the name of the aftershave and just come in after shaving she will comment on how nice it smells. However, if I show here a new bottle and then go shave with it she tells me it smells like "old man." I guess that just goes to show the power of a priori perceptions and bias.

I have had the exact same experience!! Just proves that some things are better left unsaid!!

Top Bottom