What's new

Post your shave dens!

Here's my little ole rinky dink den, and I like it that way. Luckily, I don't suffer from AD. Only buy what I'll use. In other words, I guess, I'm not a collector.

You can't see the Proraso Aloe + Green Tea soap because it's in the shiny shave mug with lid. I'll be getting rid of that camping mug as soon as my antique enameled spittoon gets here from France. Got it on eBay right when all the air traffic was grounded due to volcanic ash so it's taking a while to get here. Yes, it's a spittoon but will make an excellent shave mug. Here's the picture from the auction:
proxy.php
proxy.php

You also can't see my van der Hagen glycerin soap because it's in the other bathroom temporarily. Don't ask.

The razor holder is actually a toothbrush holder I picked up TODAY at Lowe's. It's all metal. I saw it and thought, "perfect!" because it has large holes and holds 4 razors (when I finally get the 2 razors I'm looking for, they have a home waiting for them). It was only $9.89 where I've seen most metal razor holders go for $20 up and they only hold 2 razors.

And yes, that's a blue Lady Gillette. Love her!

And no, that's not band-aids to cover my cuts, that's my newly "converted into used-blade bank" Band-Aid flip-top tin. :lol:

My bathroom is finally remodeled, with a brand new jumbo-sized sink! Plus some self-birthday gifts to update my den. Here's the updated pic:

proxy.php

churchill....this is astounding....this is no shave den...this is a real shaving emporium !! everything i can spot in these photos are all top drawer...can you really use these before they go bad ??? i really have to force myself not to pick up stuff sometimes...the hard goods last forever,the soaps do have a shelf life though...man , this is amazing...great collection !

This is my shave den.

I hired an electrician to install new light fixtures in my house. He guaranteed to perform the work in a day. After arriving two hours late yesterday and only working for four hours, he announced that he was calling it a day. He left my shave den looking like this. With my and SWMBO's work schedules we won't be able to take the time to be at home for him to finish until Thursday.

I'm not happy. SWMBO wants blood. Mine will have to do for now. I hate electricians. I'm really not happy. :mad3:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be tempted to hire another electrician or finish it myself. Four hour discount sounds about right for being two hours late and missing a guarantee to me.

Top Bottom