What's new

New lather technique?

Let me start off by saying I enjoy applying lather with a brush, it is relaxing.
This morning, I was very short on time. I popped out my MWF from its bowl, rubbed it between my wet hands for an instant, put back and rubbed my hand until they slick and foamy and then rubbed my slick foamy hands on my face.:001_huh:

This resulted in the smoothest, slickest 3 pass shave I have had yet:thumbup1:

It's certainly possible to get a good lather without the brush. IMO the main advantage of a brush is massaging your face, not lathering.

The brush adds to the lather not the massage. I have often used (when my face is really dry and can't take the full force of the brush) the brush to lather in the bowl and then squeeze out the lather into my bowl and just rub it on my hands and massage it on my face. Provides a different feel to the shave and can mix up your routine a bit.

The brush adds to the lather not the massage. I have often used (when my face is really dry and can't take the full force of the brush) the brush to lather in the bowl and then squeeze out the lather into my bowl and just rub it on my hands and massage it on my face. Provides a different feel to the shave and can mix up your routine a bit.

hmmm, i like that idea. may have to give that a try just to mix things up.

That idea had crossed my mind once. Yes, only once but I soon gave it up! Lathering without a brush? Criminal!!!

David

If you got sensitive skin and you have dealt with either really hot or cold weather and your skin feels dry, I don't use my brush, at least on my face. I will either lather in the bowl or on my hand and rub the lather on my face with my hand.

The only disadvantage I can think of with hand-lathering soap is that if more than one pass is needed, then multiple hand latherings are required, whereas with a brush, load it once and have enough for multiple passes, therefore I would guess the time saving would be minor.

I love to play with lather on the brush. Actually i feel as if i am touching the clouds. But i very rarely use brush for shaving usually i prefer to apply cream and make lather from by my hands only. Its great enjoyment!

Obviously, the guys who are pretending to be outraged are just kidding. :001_smile We kinda sorta have to poke fun at the guys who think for themselves and instinctly just "know" the brush is just one optional part of shaving, not really a necessity. They are fun to use, when we use them, but we don't have to.

But yes, as you now know, great shaves without a brush are possible with virtually every product, whether soap as you've just proven with the MWF, or any of the creams.

Thanks for posting! Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom