What's new

HELP!! need help in deciding replate or no replate

I dont know what to do...BOB made me a custom handle and i love it, so i put my new deluxe head on it and i dont know if i should keep the razor looking two tone gold/silver or replate the whole thing in silver/nickel....what do ya think. im going to tally up the yes and no's and then decide, please vote.

I think I'd just leave it. Of course, I've got a gold bar handle New that has absolutely no plating left on the top cap, it's all copper. I bought that particular one because I thought it looked pretty cool. So my vote is no.

Last edited:
Is the New Deluxe head part of a set that you own? If so, then I wouldn't replate it in order to keep the set original. But if it isn't part of a set, then I'd want to replate it so as to match the new handle.

Is the New Deluxe head part of a set that you own? If so, then I wouldn't replate it in order to keep the set original. But if it isn't part of a set, then I'd want to replate it so as to match the new handle.

on, head is from my new deluxe tuckaway, the handle is a beauty from bob. i kinda like the gold/silver two tone look..then i look at it twice and want to replate it all nickel..its killin me:cursing:. lol

If the head is from a set, then I say 'no' to the re-plating question. Keep that Tuckaway set original. If you really want to get a matching silver Deluxe head, I'm sure you can find one without too much difficulty.

I agree with the guys saying No. You'd ruin your set. You can just get a head from Bob that is already plated and you wont be able to find one and get it replated for what he sells them for.

Go out and buy a razor with a new deluxe head that doesn't need replating? You could probably pull it off for what replating would cost you, and then you won't have to consider it.

i love the new deluxe shave, but not many people are selling new deluxes, i must resist to break up the tuckaway set...

i love the new deluxe shave, but not many people are selling new deluxes, i must resist to break up the tuckaway set...

There are more out there than you may think. It just requires an investment of time and a willingness to open any listing that has a razor that you cannot immediately identify by gallery picture.

Yes. Resist, resist, resist. Deluxe Tuckaway sets are fairly rare. It would be a crime to destroy one of them. Why don't you just get Bob to make you another handle that is a closer match.

Len

Yes. Resist, resist, resist. Deluxe Tuckaway sets are fairly rare. It would be a crime to destroy one of them. Why don't you just get Bob to make you another handle that is a closer match.

Len

right now i may go on the bay and just get head

Top Bottom