What's new

Anything comparable to quality/price of the Parker SR2?

Is there anything similar in quality/price to the Parker SR2? (straight razor style -- using single edge or 1/2 double edge blades)

Can I ask why you are interested in a Shavette, rather than a real straight?

The learning curve with a Shavette is much steeper, than that of a true straight. Shavette's are not very forgiving at all, and quickly bite.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Shavettes, but learning to use my straights has been a daily pleasure.

I think price & time is what was drawing me to a shavette.

Can I ask why you are interested in a Shavette, rather than a real straight?

The learning curve with a Shavette is much steeper, than that of a true straight. Shavette's are not very forgiving at all, and quickly bite.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Shavettes, but learning to use my straights has been a daily pleasure.

I used my Parker SRW for a little over a week before putting it away and going to DEs. While the replaceable blades allow you to get some technique down, you still have to relearn a lot for a real straight (and I've got 3 of them, all freshly honed).

Ditto on the learning curve. Although cheaper to get right into str8 might as well just go for the real thing. Don't get me wrong i still shave with my shavette almost daily cause i'm too lazy to strop. First day with that shavette i got 3 permanent scares on my face. It's very unforgiving. But at least that'll give you some motivation to get it right.

Top Bottom