What's new

Gauging Group Buy Interest

Guys, I really haven't researched brushes all that much, so can you help me out a bit? I have been thinking for quite a while about getting a Rooney 3/1 in "super," which as you know goes for about $75. Can someone give me a sense of how this brush would compare to that, performance-wise?

Thanks a lot.

(FWIW, I prefer the white handle over butterscotch.)

I am pretty sure that butterscotch is not going to happen but hey, you never know.

Although the butterscotch would be a nice touch, this brush's attractiveness, imo, is its "everyman" appearance. Its simplicity belies its classic design.

+1

It's a great idea that you are reviving this classic model but I'd be surprised if Simpson agreed to a butterscotch version. I love seeing the old butterscotch brushes with great lustre but nouveau butterscotch is like repro furniture, it just don't sing.

Guys, I really haven't researched brushes all that much, so can you help me out a bit? I have been thinking for quite a while about getting a Rooney 3/1 in "super," which as you know goes for about $75. Can someone give me a sense of how this brush would compare to that, performance-wise?

Thanks a lot.

The bristle specs are pretty darn close - the Rooney has a 1mm smaller knot and depending on the final height of the Eagle the lofts are going to be almost identical. The tips of the Rooney are going to feel softer and the brush will be denser. The Simpson will feel a bit more scrubby and will provide excellent lather flow through (i.e., the brush won't hog the lather).

So, it really depends on what you are looking for. For me, the Rooney's are too dense and therefor don't release the lather the way I like. However, I like the softness of the Rooney tips more than the Simpson best hair.

Either way you're going to get a marvelous brush.

The bristle specs are pretty darn close - the Rooney has a 1mm smaller knot and depending on the final height of the Eagle the lofts are going to be almost identical. The tips of the Rooney are going to feel softer and the brush will be denser. The Simpson will feel a bit more scrubby and will provide excellent lather flow through (i.e., the brush won't hog the lather).

So, it really depends on what you are looking for. For me, the Rooney's are too dense and therefor don't release the lather the way I like. However, I like the softness of the Rooney tips more than the Simpson best hair.

Thanks.

I'm interested, a couple things that I am interested in-

1) Price

2) Loft

3) How long til we receive them :biggrin1:

I'll be checking on this thread regularly

attachment.php

proxy.php

This one is for you Mr Gold if you pull this off
proxy.php

Last edited:

Thanks a lot.

For purposes of helping gauge group buy interest, I'm still leaning toward the Rooney, because I think I prefer the softer tips. I still want to see the final specs and price on the Simpson, however, before I decide.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My apologies Gents. Still awaiting final decision. As soon as we know, you'll know. Thanks for your patience.

I'm pretty happy with how fast this group buy is moving. The thread was started on the 10th to gauge interest in this brush, less then 8 days later its moving forward :thumbup1:

Thanks for all the heavy lifting Bob.

I'm pretty happy with how fast this group buy is moving. The thread was started on the 10th to gauge interest in this brush, less then 8 days later its moving forward :thumbup1:

Thanks for all the heavy lifting Bob.

It is also the story of the Eagle going form ugly duck to a soaring Eagle by a change of Feathers...er, hair :thumbup:

Top Bottom