What's new

My Guess... 3017

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
In the vein of all those great accomplishments that have preceded this one:

Neil Armstrong landing on the moon

full

Sir Edmund Hillary reaching the summit of Mt. Everest (I know, it's actually Tenzing in the pic. :rolleyes:)

full

AND

Joey Chestnut eating 68 hotdogs toppling the legendary Kobayashi :biggrin:

full

It has finally happened.

I have actually finished a bowl of shaving soap. After beginning this hobby some time in 2006, I have finally finished a bowl of triple-milled shaving soap. I have used this bowl of C&E Sandalwood everyday this year and had previously used it approximately 20 times over the last several years in a heavy rotation.

This year, I decided to use it until it was done. Furthermore, it will not be replaced.

For the record, after the March 20th photo, a two-inch piece of soap that was along the perimeter of the bowl fell off and went right down the drain. (Maybe two shaves went with it.)

After daily use, the bowl took a beating and the lid did warp quite a bit.

What's next? Maybe a tube of La Toja Shaving Cream? :w00t:

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! :a5: I couldn't find the marching band smilies.

So, you got approximately 100 shaves out of the soap. What does this do to your estimate of 2017?

I have been tempted to follow your example and stick with one soap until its gone. Maybe soon...

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
What does this do to your estimate of 2017?

I would revise my guestimate to about 2015. With that being said, I think some of the soaps would last longer than the C&E. I went a stretch with the Pre de Provence last year and didn't put a dent in it.

I have been tempted to follow your example and stick with one soap until its gone. Maybe soon...

Do I sense a new thread? :thumbup1:

I would be an avid follower. :yesnod:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Somewhere...... Tonight......Iron Eyes Cody shed a single tear upon your triumph of Man vs Soap. Major Congrats Bob! I think you are onto something... Something totally different. (I did recall you finished a T&H Luxury Soap from start to finish in 2007 however.... Or was it obtained as a partial???)

I would revise my guestimate to about 2015. With that being said, I think some of the soaps would last longer than the C&E. I went a stretch with the Pre de Provence last year and didn't put a dent in it.

Do I sense a new thread? :thumbup1:

I would be an avid follower. :yesnod:

I have barely scratched the surface of my Pre de Provence. If I decide to do it I will most definitely start a thread and keep it updated. Honestly, I have more then enough brushes, razors, AS, EDT, EDC to still keep things interesting.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Somewhere...... Tonight......Iron Eyes Cody shed a single tear upon your triumph of Man vs Soap. Major Congrats Bob! I think you are onto something... Something totally different. (I did recall you finished a T&H Luxury Soap from start to finish in 2007 however.... Or was it obtained as a partial???)

My fellow badgers, Mike has a mind like a steel trap. :yesnod:

You are correct oh wise one. However, that was the mug-size puck of the T&H Luxury (one of my fave soaps btw.) This is the first time I finished a triple-milled in a wooden bowl.

Btw, Mike. Could you tell me who took my Rawlings special edition Roy White baseball glove back in 1973? :biggrin:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Honestly, I have more then enough brushes, razors, AS, EDT, EDC to still keep things interesting.

And that's what makes it much easier to accomplish. Frankly, it was quite interesting really learning the properties of a soap inside and out, if you will. Which brushes work best with it, amounts of water that maximize the lather. I did enjoy the process. And believe me, it's a process. :biggrin:

That's quite impressive, Bob. :thumbup:

Thanks Paul.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Btw, Mike. Could you tell me who took my Rawlings special edition Roy White baseball glove back in 1973? :biggrin:

My guess was Stevie Steinberg the backup center fielder... He wore Mantle's number because he cried til he got it and the coach made his Dad buy all the kids snowcones and Jolly Ranchers after every game...

Or ....... Maybe these guys might know...
www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.com
(it's real.... Check it out)

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My guess was Stevie Steinberg the backup center fielder... He wore Mantle's number because he cried til he got it and the coach made his Dad buy all the kids snowcones and Jolly Ranchers after every game...

Or ....... Maybe these guys might know...
www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.com
(it's real.... Check it out)

I checked it out. Once I saw the layout of the site I immediately closed it. I couldn't... I just couldn't. :lol:

It has finally happened.

I have actually finished a bowl of shaving soap. After beginning this hobby some time in 2006, I have finally finished a bowl of triple-milled shaving soap. I have used this bowl of C&E Sandalwood everyday this year and had previously used it approximately 20 times over the last several years in a heavy rotation.

This year, I decided to use it until it was done. Furthermore, it will not be replaced.

For the record, after the March 20th photo, a two-inch piece of soap that was along the perimeter of the bowl fell off and went right down the drain. (Maybe two shaves went with it.)

After daily use, the bowl took a beating and the lid did warp quite a bit.

What's next? Maybe a tube of La Toja Shaving Cream? :w00t:

Congratulations, Bob! :a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

I just flipped back to your original post and saw the bowls of English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet. Given the disaster Pen's seems to have made of the reformulation, will they ever be subjected to the use it until it's gone treatment?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Congratulations, Bob! :a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

I just flipped back to your original post and saw the bowls of English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet. Given the disaster Pen's seems to have made of the reformulation, will they ever be subjected to the use it until it's gone treatment?

The short answer: no.

The EF has been relegated to the special occasion shave.

Top Bottom