What's new

San Antonio Availability

Anyone know of any shops in San Antonio that might sell top notch shave items like badger brushes, Taylor creams, etc etc.. all the decently good stuff you wont find in a Walmart basically.... :p

Anyone know of any shops in San Antonio that might sell top notch shave items like badger brushes, Taylor creams, etc etc.. all the decently good stuff you wont find in a Walmart basically.... :p

Best shot is La Cantera. There is AoS and Nordstrom. There's almost nothing at North Star(small perfume kiosk with some Tabac...didn't check for the aftershave). The bigger stores(Macy's, Saks, etc.) had the usual crap--Zirh, etc. Nothing downtown that I've seen. I haven't checked the River Center mall though.

Enchante is pretty worthless. The prices are outlandishly high and other than the convenience of getting D.R. Harris at a walk-in store there's not much else IMO.

Trumper
Enchante--$30
QED--$25

D.R. Harris
Enchante--$30
TESC--$26.19(includes shipping to San Antonio)
Nashville Knife--$26.99
Classic Grooming--$28

Taylor:
Enchante--$16.95
Aside from Sesto Senso($16.95) and Barclay Crocker($16.95) every place I've seen sells this cheaper. Vintage Blades the cheapest at $12.99.

Can't speak to Enchante's own line of products as I've never used any of them.

Awesome thanks for the tips guys.. does AoS and Nordstrom carry Taylor stuff.. Trumper stuff... Truefitt stuff, Vulfix..... you know the good stuff :p I thought maybe AoS only carried AoS stuff... not sure what Nordstrom had...

Awesome thanks for the tips guys.. does AoS and Nordstrom carry Taylor stuff.. Trumper stuff... Truefitt stuff, Vulfix..... you know the good stuff :p I thought maybe AoS only carried AoS stuff... not sure what Nordstrom had...

AoS had only their line of soaps and balms. They do have some Merkur DE's and LOTS of straights.

I haven't looked at Nordstroms yet, but will on Sat.

Enchante is pretty worthless. The prices are outlandishly high and other than the convenience of getting D.R. Harris at a walk-in store there's not much else IMO.

Trumper
Enchante--$30
QED--$25

D.R. Harris
Enchante--$30
TESC--$26.19(includes shipping to San Antonio)
Nashville Knife--$26.99
Classic Grooming--$28

Taylor:
Enchante--$16.95
Aside from Sesto Senso($16.95) and Barclay Crocker($16.95) every place I've seen sells this cheaper. Vintage Blades the cheapest at $12.99.

Can't speak to Enchante's own line of products as I've never used any of them.

Worthless....More shaving products for us Austin folks then...IMO

Raf

Nordstrom usually carries T&H and AOS. They carry other stuff, Anthony, Lucky Tiger, etc. But as far as english creams go, T&H is it.

Brushes at Nordstroms are....non existant I believe but I could be wrong.

Have you tried looking at L'Occitane or C&E? They only carry their house brands, but L'Occitane soap is excellent, and C&E creams are very good.

Also, unless you're limiting yourself to the english brands, Proraso is excellent, 1/2 the cost of the cheapest of the three T's and available at Target.

If you look on either company's website I'm sure you could find out whether they have any locations in San Anton.

I'm in Dallas, and suffer the same problems w/finding good creams/brushes locally. But I've head of a place called the shaving shop in Ennis that carries all of the stuff. Granted at prices higher than I could find online, including shipping.

-Joshua

Worthless....More shaving products for us Austin folks then...IMO

Raf

Consistently the highest price on re-sale items. I can only imagine what his margin is on his own line. I'd rather support Charles(QED), Jim(Vintage) or Lee than drive 2 hours to buy from CAR. If I lived next door to Enchante I might go there. But honestly, driving the 8 miles down 290 from Dripping Springs was an utter waste. A hundred plus miles from San Antonio? Not a chance.

More shaving products for us Austin folks then...IMO Raf

Gotta back you up on this one Scorpio. I bought my Merkur DE from Enchante for $35 at at time when virtually none of the on line dealers had them in stock. I say, support your local merchants even if it costs you a few more bucks. Otherwise, you'll find yourself at the mercy of MegaLoMart.

Gotta back you up on this one Scorpio. I bought my Merkur DE from Enchante for $35 at at time when virtually none of the on line dealers had them in stock. I say, support your local merchants even if it costs you a few more bucks. Otherwise, you'll find yourself at the mercy of MegaLoMart.

Vintage Blades has the Merkur HD for $29.99 and free shipping with a Shavemac or Rooney brush. Cheapest price on Taylor's as well.

There's nothing wrong with Enchante but for someone in San Antonio looking for shaving items it doesn't make much sense to suggest the most expensive retailer possible. It makes even less sense when that retailer is 2 hours away.

Almost forgot why I came back....

The Whole Foods at the Quarry carries Tom's of Maine and other shaving products. The GNC at the Forum carries Thayers(Rose, Lavender, and another I can't remember). The Forum also has Target which carries Proraso. Can't think of anything else local at the moment.

EDIT: Whole Foods has Thayers I think.

Me CAR??

I think the fumes from the River Walk are affecting your faculties!!!:biggrin:

Palmetto, let me know when you are going to be in G-town. We can meet for lunch and a trip to Enchante. You know there will be more shaving products available since folks from San Antonio don't shop there anymore. :001_tt2:

Gafer, I got your back!!!

Raf

Me CAR??

I think the fumes from the River Walk are affecting your faculties!!!:biggrin:

Palmetto, let me know when you are going to be in G-town. We can meet for lunch and a trip to Enchante. You know there will be more shaving products available since folks from San Antonio don't shop there anymore. :001_tt2:

Gafer, I got your back!!!

Raf

I'm sure CAR can use the business to pay the rent in his new digs. By the way, the next block of Da Cube you buy...that was mine. In case you were curious.

I'm sure CAR can use the business to pay the rent in his new digs. By the way, the next block of Da Cube you buy...that was mine. In case you were curious.

I'm sorry you must have me confused with a method shaver!!!

first you thought I was CAR now a method shaver...the fumes stay away from the fumes!!!!

Raf

Top Bottom