What's new

Gillette Tuckaway

This is actually going to be two questions that I hope to find some answers to.

First:

How much would a tuckaway set be worth if the outer teeth were bent inwards towards the center, but still usuable? This set has the "New Improved" head

Second:

I know a tuckaway is ment to come with a "New Improved" head but I have one that has a "Old Type" head that came with it. What exactly would that be worth if anything?

Last edited:
This is actually going to be two questions that I hope to find some answers to.

First:

How much would a tuckaway set be worth if the outer teeth were bent inwards towards the center, but still usuable?

Second:

I know a tuckaway is ment to come with a "New Improved" head but I have one that has a "Old Type" head that came with it. What exactly would that be worth if anything?

i am interested in this as well. i have the exact same thing, a tuckaway handle with a old type head. it had one bent tooth that i was able to straighten out pretty good.

i am interested in this as well. i have the exact same thing, a tuckaway handle with a old type head. it had one bent tooth that i was able to straighten out pretty good.

At least I am not the only one.

I should have clarified that I have 2 sets. One with the New Improved head that has bent outer teeth and another that has the old type head.

I think the tuckaway came in both the new improved and new heads. Not sure about old type. One of the old type Miladys had a handle that was kind of similar to a tuckaway, but not so similar as to confuse the two.

I think the tuckaway came in both the new improved and new heads. Not sure about old type. One of the old type Miladys had a handle that was kind of similar to a tuckaway, but not so similar as to confuse the two.

I know exactly what you are talking about. Both handles are exactly the same. One showing a little more wear but not different. I can tell the old type head is definitely not ment to be used on the handle but if you wanted to it would infact work out quite nicely.

Ill take pictures later today after work so that you can see exactly what I am referring to.

Last edited:
The "Tuckaway" comes only as New Improved. With a Old Type head it´s a missmatch. With a NEW DeLuxe head it was called "Norfolk". The "Tuckaway" comes as silver or gold, the "Norfolk" comes as silver or chromium. In gold he was called "Lady Gillette".

Tuckaway silver:
proxy.php

Norfolk chromium:
proxy.php

Lady Gillette:
proxy.php

Last edited:
I know that the Tuckaway comes with only those heads but I was just wondering what it would be worth if it came with the old type head. If anything at all.

I wanted to ask a question about my Tuckaway, since I bought it.

I got a set with the "DG" engraved, both in the razor and in the box.
In krumholz's book, He mentions the Bostonian in a set like this, but no Tuckaway.
How common are this sets? and what DG stands for?

I've got a couple of Tuckaways, I reckon they are a great shave. One of the sets I've got has a fancy head like a Goodwill but different.
Bent teeth don't make too much of a difference as long as they don't effect the way it shaves. The pristine collectors won't want them but the shaver collectors like me will certainly be interested. As for price, I'd think somewhere around $30-$50 would be right.

Top Bottom