What's new

Body Soap by Claus Porto

Well, it's been five months since I opened the first Claus Porto soap bar and it is almost gone (finally).

Now, I haven't been using it exclusively, but it gets used as much as any other soap bar and it's easily outlasted at least six other bars during it's time.

Now the hard part... which bar do I try next?

Pear Sandalwood
Lime Basil
Tobacco

And then I'll have to get some more... maybe the smaller size next time so I can use them quicker!

The Tobacco seems to be a good cold weather scent, although it is probably the most subtle scent of all the bars I received. I'm not sure if I would purchase this one again, but since you already have it...

I'm looking forward to Lime Basil for Spring, and the Citron Verbena for Summer.

(I just won't let this thread die will I!?:biggrin:)

Well, I finally finished up the Vetyver and decided to try the 'Parada' (Pear Sandalwood).

It has a wonderful sweet sandalwood scent. It probably lasts on me for about four hours or so - certainly not strong at all, but very light... nothing that would interfere with cologne or anything like that. It also leaves the bathroom smelling very nice (again not strong).

This is quality soap and I would gladly recommend it (any of the flavors) to anyone.

:smile:

I've seen a few Claus Porto bars offered at beauty.com and then the whole line at the Lafco web site. Lafco offers the 12.34 ounce bar as well as a 3-pack of the 5.28 ounce bars.

My question is: Does anyone know of an online seller who might possibly offer a 'sampler' pack of the smaller bars? I just hate to buy lots of soap scents, several of which I might not even like.

I've seen a few Claus Porto bars offered at beauty.com and then the whole line at the Lafco web site. Lafco offers the 12.34 ounce bar as well as a 3-pack of the 5.28 ounce bars.

My question is: Does anyone know of an online seller who might possibly offer a 'sampler' pack of the smaller bars? I just hate to buy lots of soap scents, several of which I might not even like.

I believe Beauty.com offers the whole line as well, with the bonus of free shipping promotions. See my post earlier in this thread for the whole-line link (#19). That was a little tricky to navigate into.

These soaps definitely last a l-o-n-g time and smell great. If I were to recommend one and only one scent, it would have to be the Lime Basil (although it would probably be best enjoyed in the Spring/Summer).

Although not necessarily 'sampler' packs, they do sell variety packs of guest soaps containing 3 each of 5 different scents -- 15 soaps for less than $20.

S

Sam

I have the amber-orange and the grapefruit fig. SOmeone tell me about the verbena, the red poppy, sandalwood-pear, lavendar and vetyver. I want some that smell good.

Also, is Luxo Banho just as good or inferior.

I debating whether to get some more Claus or a Bronnley soap. I love the Floris line but gosh, $32 for 3 3.5 ounce bars is expensive. $22 for 3 5.3 is better, but the $14 12 ounce bar is a steal

I have the amber-orange and the grapefruit fig. SOmeone tell me about the verbena, the red poppy, sandalwood-pear, lavendar and vetyver. I want some that smell good.

Also, is Luxo Banho just as good or inferior.

I debating whether to get some more Claus or a Bronnley soap. I love the Floris line but gosh, $32 for 3 3.5 ounce bars is expensive. $22 for 3 5.3 is better, but the $14 12 ounce bar is a steal

I love the Sandalwood Pear. The vetyver ok, but not as strong as the SP.

I have not tried the others yet.

I have heard very good things about the Verbena.

How do these soaps perform? I've bought some big triple mill bars from TJ Maxx and such, but they are quite drying in the winter. They do leave you squeeky clean though. Are the Musgo Real bars the same as Claus Porto with a different scent, ie formulated the same?

How do these soaps perform? I've bought some big triple mill bars from TJ Maxx and such, but they are quite drying in the winter. They do leave you squeeky clean though. Are the Musgo Real bars the same as Claus Porto with a different scent, ie formulated the same?

I have the Musgo Real and they are different from these Claus Porto bars. The Musgo Real was much more drying and did not last as long (smelled good though!).

Typically in the winter I have to use body lotion to keep from itching... using the Claus Porto bars resulted in using no lotion this winter... very good quality soaps.

S

Sam

I have heard the same on the Musgo bars. Not all that great as the Claus Portos, although Claus makes both.

For what it's worth, Caswell Massey carries about 6 of the Claus Porto scents and they're starting their "private sale" now through April 12 - 20% off the entire order, no minimum purchase. You can re-use the coupon code as many times as you want.

I figure I'm ok posting the code here, since the code is re-usable and there's even a "forward this to a friend" link in their e-mail. It's PSM07 - you enter it at checkout. In case ayone wants to try out these soaps.

The Lafco NY Claus Porto site is selling assortment packs under the Holiday label on their site. They have both bars and guest bars in various combinations and assortments if you want to try a variety of scents. I picked up a pack or 15 guest bars in 5 flavors to try these out as I am almost out of Issy's soap and have been waiting for it to come in.

Dennis

Just received my regular newsletter from www.barclaycrocker.com . They have a special this week ( until 9th March /07), all Claus Porto Soaps are discounted with 15% Coupon - you just enter the coupon when you checkout. The coupon code is MOVE ( it seems Barclay Crocker are moving to a larger space but they send coupon offers regularly, on good stuff too )
They have all the scents in 12.3oz, 3x 5.3oz Packs and individual 5.3oz sizes
( the Musgo Real Soaps by the same manufacturer are not on sale - I checked !).
I saw they have the candles too . I got 5 scents in the 12.3oz size, Vetyver (Aquia),Pear Sandalwood (Parada),Lime Basil (Deco), Acacia Tuberose (Voga),Sweet Tobacco ( Tabaco) the scents are well described on the site and they have FREE shipping on orders over $99.00 and $5.95 on orders up to $99.00.Its a bit rough if you are only buying an $8.95 tube of Proraso but great when you buy a few items. Te best part is they ship by Priority Mail , which makes it to me in 2/3 business day or West Coast probably 4.

I just picked up Vetyver, Lime Basil, Honeysuckle, Orange Amber, and Red Poppy through Caswell Massey. Too bad they didn't have the Pear Sandalwood scent.

FWIW, the soaps have lived up to the hype in this thread. The lime-basil is a very nice, light scent. the red poppy scent is very unusual, but not off-putting.

Ok, so I've finally got around to using the Claus Porto 'Deco' (Lime Basil).

I thought it would be a great summertime scent.

Well, while the soap is still marvelous, the scent is a little disappointing. I really don't smell any lime in it and honestly, it smells a lot like the vetiver but just not quite as strong. I was certainly hoping for a stronger lime note.

The red poppy is absolutely amazing. The scent pretty much permeates the whole bathroom until the soap is about half gone, which takes about a month. I picked up two Tobacco's at half price locally. Haven't had a chance to try them yet, though.

Which one? Also, any suggestions on where to get this? I see it does not seem to be sold with the rest of the Claus Porto soaps....

-Mo

The Musgo Real body soap smells almost identical to the shave cream.

The Musgo Real line is treated differently from the Claus Porto line (even though it is the same designer... maybe kinda like Chaps and Polo).

Anyway, I think I got my bars from Classic Shaving. I do find the Musgo Real soap to be more drying than the Claus Porto bars... I don't think they have the shea butter or something.

Top Bottom