What's new

Triton R3 - Stainless Inoxidable

V

VR6ofpain

Anyone heard of a Triton R3 blade? The package also indicates Stainless Inoxidable and Made in Germany...though I am suspicious about the latter.

My brother picked them up in Syria while spending Christmas there with his wife. They come in 5 blade boxes, each wrapped in thick folded wax paper with 4 glue spots. I am hoping they are reasonable as my brother bought a box of 100.

I'll post a picture tomorrow.

These are made by Feintechnik in the GDR before the german reunion and are NOS. Some who have tried them rate them as a good blade.

Today this company manufactures the Croma blades.

Last edited:
V

VR6ofpain

Oel-
I really appreciate the information. I figured it was a longshot, but this is why I love Badger and Blade. I'll have to report back how they shave, but it is nice to know they are actually legit as far as the "Made in Germany" and the history behind them (GDR/E. Germany origin).

Cheers!

These are made by Feintechnik in the GDR before the german reunion and are NOS. Some who have tried them rate them as a good blade.

Today this company manufactures the Croma blades.

"The blade that shaves you and reports back to the party!"

V

VR6ofpain

What is interesting is that Feintechnik also makes industrial DE blades that look similar to the original Gillette "round" blades.

http://www.feintechnik.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132&Itemid=152&lang=en

proxy.php
proxy.php

Feintechnik said:
Round blades
The round blade is made from carbon steel and is available in the following dimensions: 22 mm x 42.3/42.9 mm x 0.13 mm. This blade is uncoated and cannot be printed on. It is used primarily in various industrial fields and is available in both single and bulk packs.

V

VR6ofpain

So far I am not impressed with them. Going to give them a go again today.

are these triple layer DE blades ? like the shick 2002´s which were basicly 2 DE blades sandwiches on top of each other ?

V

VR6ofpain

No, just a normal DE blade.

Had a reasonable shave today. Still I am not very impressed with these Triton's. I wonder if they are avaiable anywhere other than Syria?

Today I had the first shaving Triton R3 blade, which I loaded into my Pearl SS-04 OC.It was a very comfortable shave in three passes.We'll see how it will perform Triton R3 during the next use.

Since my last entry here, I have spent a few packs of those blades and I must say it was a good blade. Mild and sharp enough.:001_smile

Top Bottom