What's new

Skklog's Shaving Thread!

OK, this is a little overdue, so here we go!

First, to let you know about my DE shaving history

My weapon of choice, 1958 Gillette super speed.

proxy.php

My brush, some short of badger brush ( I don't know what it is)

proxy.php

The blades I have tried,

Derby, It dose the job, but that's it.

Personna, It's the best I've tried ( of the two)

Soaps

Derby ( cream ), I liked it a lot, it was the first one I tried. (I've tried two scents, mint and lemon)

brand??, ( Lime-cilantro scent, FO and the soap is glycerin based.) It was better than caned stuff but that's all.

Tabac, (I think it was a stick) It was good, very good, but I liked the Derby better.

proxy.php

Well that's about it.

So any advice or commits?

O' and just because I had the camera out, my tea stuff!!

proxy.php

You should try out Feather blades. They make for a pretty great shave in one of those flare tip SS's.

Nice set up, though. You're pretty into tea, I see.

You should try out Feather blades. They make for a pretty great shave in one of those flare tip SS's.

Nice set up, though. You're pretty into tea, I see.

I don't know If I'm ready for Feathers, I'm somewhat new at this

and yes, tea is one of gods best gifts. :001_wub:

+1 on liking the mug. :biggrin:

The lime-cilantro was probably from Mama Bear. Seems like you enjoy creams more than soaps at this point -- See if you can fins a tub of C.O. Bigelow at a local Bath and Body Works. Definitely good stuff. You may also enjoy one of the creams from ToBS. Derby works ok in my book, but I find their scents to be very synthetic. You might really enjoy ToBS avocado.

The lime-cilantro was probably from Mama Bear. Seems like you enjoy creams more than soaps at this point -- See if you can fins a tub of C.O. Bigelow at a local Bath and Body Works. Definitely good stuff. You may also enjoy one of the creams from ToBS. Derby works ok in my book, but I find their scents to be very synthetic. You might really enjoy ToBS avocado.

I just got the mug. it says so much!

"The lime-cilantro was probably from Mama Bear"
yes it was.

"Derby works ok in my book, but I find their scents to be very synthetic."
I've only tried three, so I'm sure there is better out there.

"C.O. Bigelow at a local Bath and Body Works."
My wife goes there, but I've never seen any shaving stuff.

" ToBS avocado."
I'll have to look into it.

If you have a Rite-Aid, try the Real Shave Co. creams. They are around $5 and do a great job. Made by the same firm that does some of those fancy British creams.

I dont know why, but with your avatar, I pictured a mug such as this in your den...the blood red tablecloth is also a nice touch.

Do you happen to have wall sconces as well garnishing your lair?

I didn't care much for Derby's creams. I only tried the Regular and it burned. :scared:

Anyway, get a tube of C.O. Bigelow. It's the same stuff as Proraso, and is a very solid performer. Should be located toward the back of your local Bath and Body Works if they're setup is anything like the ones out towards my neck of the woods.

OK, this is a little overdue, so here we go!

Soaps

Derby ( cream ), I liked it a lot, it was the first one I tried. (I've tried two scents, mint and lemon)

brand??, ( Lime-cilantro scent, FO and the soap is glycerin based.) It was better than caned stuff but that's all.

You dolt! :)wink:) That's Czar's Choice (original) by YOUR CZAR and Mama Bear. And you call yourself a loyal member of the Czardom?!

Yeesh, there oughta be a law.

I dont know why, but with your avatar, I pictured a mug such as this in your den...the blood red tablecloth is also a nice touch.

Do you happen to have wall sconces as well garnishing your lair?

In fact, I do ( I think the wife picked them out)

You dolt! :)wink:) That's Czar's Choice (original) by YOUR CZAR and Mama Bear. And you call yourself a loyal member of the Czardom?!

Yeesh, there oughta be a law.

I did know, but I wasn't sure if it was OK to say. remember the mods!)

I did know, but I wasn't sure if it was OK to say. remember the mods!)

Oh, now he thinks of that!

When I get the Tabac back fro you, I will let you try one of my favourite creams, Musgo Real. I love the scent because it reminds my of our grandparents house. I haven't tried too many other creams however.

Top Bottom