What's new

Acquisitions October 19-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see the appropriate thread, so I thought I'd start it.

Picked up this kit from a general store in Havana, FL. It is an "antique town" about half an hour outside of Tallahassee, FL. The Tallba is supposed to be a nice pine bath soap... should go nicely with the coming months. Coincidentally, these are all items available at WCS, and I believe there was a post featuring most of these items not too long ago. Funny.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Above picture is the train wreck of my first straight edge.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I will replace these with my once the blade lands back home.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I received this Bengall 6/8 today...

picture.php

I am gonna combine the last two weeks here:

1. Proraso Pre/Shave
2. Hoffritz Slant
3. Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm
4. Tub of Tabac
5. 25 Kai Blades
6. 10 Iridium Super
7. 5 Red Personna

Not a bad haul if I do say so myself!:biggrin:

Tuesday saw the arrival of a Thayers Witch Hazel sample pack and After Shave Witch Hazel direct from Thayers.

Today my order from Prairie Creations arrived...
Two soaps for me, two for the missus, and a couple sniffies for future possible orders.

This stuff makes a REALLY NICE lather! Thanks Krissy!

My Irisch Moos Score! The Pre-Shave will be for trade or possibly sale over on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. Friend accidently bought it for me realizing that I don't use a pre-shave.

I can tell you that the CURRENT Irisch Moos formulation is NOT the same as when Muelhens was manufacturing it. It's close but not the same. I've had several people smell my bottle and then compare that to these new bottles, they can IMMEDIATELY smell the difference. The consistency is about the same and the scent is definitely SIMILAR, but it's not in any way the SAME, no way. Still - I am loving having the new MOOS! Awesome stuff! :thumbup:

proxy.php

Peat - great looking blade and scales! Did you do that?

No...I had it commissioned to be done. I selected the Amboyna Burl as the wood I wanted done for the scale. Up in the Straight Edge section of the forum I have a post about this blade. I picked it up in an Antique shop. I had a feeling it could be restored so I asked. I was given a lead to a Restorer by the name of Max which is the shortened version of his name.

I will hopefully have it by Tuesday. Just look in the Straight Razor section and you will see the pictures I took of it and see how much of a train wreck it was when I got it for a tad over $29. I figured if it couldn't be restored to excellent condition, then I would play with it myself and see what I could do with it. Luckily I didn't have to go this route. :001_smile

I wish I had something awesome to add this week. Instead, I am now the owner of T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel and a bottle of Skin Bracer. Not much I know but can't wait to try them out. You know it's hard to find good aftershave today. Never realized that until I started getting into DE shaving.

*ETA*
It's been such a long week.

My most prized Acquistition ever:
full

(How in the world could I've forgotten that? Geeze. What is it that supposed to go the older you get? Maybe there's a correlation after all considering my BDay is next week....)

*EETA*
It wasn't Thayers, it's a brand called T.N. Dickinson's. Bought it at Wal-Mart. Smells completely horrible btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I scored a rather nice travelling set.

and a lot of 9 razors:
1 Fat boy (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113872)
2 Slim Adjustable (one for the trash bin one to be restored)
1 Golden Ball Ended Tech (in good condition)
1 Souplex (in good condition I think)
1 GEM Micromatic (in very good condition - looks unused)
2 Super Speeds (if really lucky both can be restored, hoping for one)
1 Aristocrat Junior (I'm afraid this one is for the trash bin as well, unfortunately)

V

VR6ofpain

Just received a package from WCS.

Muhle R89 (super excited for tomorrow's shave)
Erasmic lather shave cream (heard good things, price was right)
Red Personna blade pack (I have been meaning to try these out)

It was interesting Muhle packed a Derby blade in the box. I almost figured it would be a Merkur blade, but then again that is their competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom