What's new

Enter your Review Requests: Here

Gents & Gals:

This is just a quick note to notify you that in an effort to tighten-up this thread, I will be posting periodically just to keep a running total of items that have not yet been reviewed. Hopefully this will make it easier to find the outstanding requests, rather than having to comb through each page of the thread. (No, I can not edit my original post :biggrin:)

Stay Tuned :cool:

In addition, in a post where you are Requesting a Specific Product to be Reviewed, please put that product and only that product in bold.

This makes it much easier to find products for the periodic lists.

• Sunscreens, particularly UV natural vs other SPF products
  • Clinique's new Post-Shave Soother Beard Control Formula
  • One or more of the commercially available brush/razor stands
  • Diehl's Shaving soaps
  • Diehl's shaving brushes
  • Creed GIT Shaving Soap
  • Jack Black shave cream
  • Taylor's St. James Aftershave Splash
  • Brooks Bro's 1818
  • Kistna Aftershave Balm from The Body Works
  • CAR A/S Moisture Cream (other than peppermint)
  • Gentleman's Refinery (all products)
  • C&E Super Badger Brush
  • Men-U Synthetic Shaving Brush
  • Lady Gillette Razor with the blue stars
Note: These are requests that have not been completed. If you have made a request and it wasn't reviewed, and not on the list, please PM me. Otherwise, all other review requests have been completed. :thumbup1:

This list is very helpful. Thank you.

It would be even better if it could be included and updated in the 1rst post of this thread, so it would be easily accessible.

Thanks again.

This list is very helpful. Thank you.

It would be even better if it could be included and updated in the 1rst post of this thread, so it would be easily accessible.

Thanks again.

I agree, unfortunately I don't have ability to update my original post, and it is too troublesome to keep bugging mods to update posts....so I decided (upon receiving some advice :wink: ) to post "update" threads with lists such as that one above.

eShave and Art of Shaving brushes and razors

With the razors, I understand that the shave will be the same as the comparable Gillette cartridge shaver, but would like to know more about the quality/balance/etc.

Mike

Hi Mike,

While I have never owned an eShave or AOS brush or razor, what I can tell you is that its been brought to my attention that:

1) AOS sells Merkur razors at "luxury" prices

2) Both AOS & eShave razors that have "modified" handles, such as the M3, offer a way for shavers to have better options than the stock M3 handle.

Not an exact match, but Here are some reviews of Ediwn Jagger women's razors, which can give you an idea of how a "modified" handle can enhance/improve the shaving experience. The Edwin Jagger mod-jobs are thought to be premiere.

*As an aside, the B&B razor to be offered shortly is a Merkur razor with a modified handle. From what I understand, this razor may offer a superior shave to that of a traditional Merkur handle, due to the enhanced ergonomics and weight of the handle. Keep an eye out for that. I'm getting it too :biggrin:

3) Brushes offered by AOS and eShave are similar to other english-made brushes, but also.....being sold at "luxury" prices.

I have also heard of quality issues with AOS brushes, but again...no personal experience.

I have not intended this to necessarily be a complete answer to your request, so by all means if there's anybody else with info please chime in.

M

modern man

Well said Joe!

Sounds like half of it is what I already stated but with less cursing! :biggrin:

M

modern man

Hey Guys,

Since Derby is hooking us up, we should do a review on their creams.

When I get my mine I will give them a few shaves and review.

I have Menthol and Lemmon on the way.:biggrin:

M

modern man

Hey Guys,

Since Derby is hooking us up, we should do a review on their creams.

When I get my mine I will give them a few shaves and review.

I have Menthol and Lemmon on the way.:biggrin:

OK they are here!

Give me a week and as to do the creams justice.

Hey guys, would really appreciate it if you'd review:

Origins Fire Fighter Plus Beard taming after shave soother

...not to be confused with their regular fire fighter.
It claims to delay the appearance of five-o-clock shadow for hours, and the regrowth is softer and finer. Sure would help my neck.

Thanks
Diego

Hey guys, would really appreciate it if you'd review:

Origins Fire Fighter Plus Beard taming after shave soother

...not to be confused with their regular fire fighter.
It claims to delay the appearance of five-o-clock shadow for hours, and the regrowth is softer and finer. Sure would help my neck.

Thanks
Diego

from www.origins.com:

HOW TO USE: Dash into palm and smooth over skin right after shaving. Used daily and in one week you’ll feel a striking difference in your beard. After 2 weeks you may find you need to shave less often.
My man, You won't find me touching this stuff with a 10-foot pole :biggrin:

This is not necessarily for a specific shaving product per se. What I think might be nice as far as for discussion is shaving mugs. I know since there are people that collect them, and there are several you can still purchase, it might be worth creating something for it. I'm interested in picking up a new shaving mug, but I'm not sure which one or what place would be best to pick them up. It's just a thought for a possible additional product review group.

M

modern man

OK they are here!

Give me a week and as to do the creams justice.

TJ and TB

I take back my review offer on the Derby Creams, I have used them a few times and not a fan. I would hate to START a review on something I do not like but I will contribute to a review is one gets rolling

I have tried the Menthol and Lemon (the Regular and Lavender are already up)

Any one want to jump on this grenade?

• Sunscreens, particularly UV natural vs other SPF products
  • Clinique's new Post-Shave Soother Beard Control Formula
  • One or more of the commercially available brush/razor stands
  • Diehl's shaving brushes
  • Creed GIT Shaving Soap
  • Jack Black shave cream
  • Taylor's St. James Aftershave Splash
  • Brooks Bro's 1818
  • CAR A/S Moisture Cream (other than peppermint)
  • Gentleman's Refinery (all products)
  • C&E Super Badger Brush
  • Men-U Synthetic Shaving Brush
  • Lady Gillette Razor with the blue stars
  • Origins Fire Fighter Plus
  • Shaving Mugs (Possibly a new review section???)
  • Truefitt & Hill PreShave Oil
  • Salter Wild Rose SC
  • Salter Limes SC

Im interested in reading reviews of some Lucky Tiger products. I would like to buy some of it but Lucky Tiger is not available up in Canada. No need to waste my money if the stuff is not very good.

Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream, Cocoa Butter Cream, Aspen/Bay Rum AS and any of their hair tonics.

Top Bottom