What's new

B&B LE 2009 (NEW THREAD WITH SMALLER SIZES) Please Vote

What size knot do you want?

• 22mm

• 23mm

• 24mm

• 25mm

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for a 22mm. I joined too late last year and missed the last brush opportunity! Is there a link with more info on this one? What, me anxious? :w00t:- How much $, when available, are pre-orders now being accepted, what color/style, hair grade, etc, etc?? :biggrin:

At the moment, it's a horse race. Or badger race. Anyone for 22.5?

As for handle shape, I'm partial to the SR3824's, moreso the SR31xx/Plisson/Kent T. Just musing.

Last edited:
Lets have some nickel on the brush again. Last years was pretty plain and 2006 was nice with the nickel base plate.

My two cents, and opinionated opinions on the matter:

Make the 2009 either a nice tight, small brush, or a big honkin' one.

The LE should be a "statement" brush, not some middle of the road, try to please all people sort of a brush.

23-24mm is a mid size sedan, a Toyota Camry of brushes if you will. Reliable, trusted, yet also boring and predictable. C&E, Meule, Dovo, Shavemac, you name it, they put out a 23-24mm 55-60mm loft face mop brush for the hoi polloi.

Boring.

The 2008 LE looked to be great (alas, I missed out....:frown:), but I loved the design concept: small knot diameter, short loft, yet using soft bristles. Sounds great! Unique! Not everyone's cup of tea perhaps, but that why it's a Limited Edition, right?

So, I say design something again unique. Either another tight little face lathering machine ala the 2008, or try something totally different: maybe a 26mm fan shape with <50mm loft? How would that feel? It'd be big, but not a face mop with the short loft keeping it tight.

Anyhow. I voted for the 22mm. But I just say, make the LE a unique brush no matter what the knot size. Make it something different.

My two cents, and opinionated opinions on the matter:

Make the 2009 either a nice tight, small brush, or a big honkin' one.

The LE should be a "statement" brush, not some middle of the road, try to please all people sort of a brush.

23-24mm is a mid size sedan, a Toyota Camry of brushes if you will. Reliable, trusted, yet also boring and predictable. C&E, Meule, Dovo, Shavemac, you name it, they put out a 23-24mm 55-60mm loft face mop brush for the hoi polloi.

Boring.

The 2008 LE looked to be great (alas, I missed out....:frown:), but I loved the design concept: small knot diameter, short loft, yet using soft bristles. Sounds great! Unique! Not everyone's cup of tea perhaps, but that why it's a Limited Edition, right?

So, I say design something again unique. Either another tight little face lathering machine ala the 2008, or try something totally different: maybe a 26mm fan shape with <50mm loft? How would that feel? It'd be big, but not a face mop with the short loft keeping it tight.

Anyhow. I voted for the 22mm. But I just say, make the LE a unique brush no matter what the knot size. Make it something different.

Right on! thats what I am saying, not many people own large brushes but man they are fantastic especially when paired with a short loft. I was thinking along the lines of a small chubby type of feel. 25 or 26 knot with a 48-50 loft.

Right on! thats what I am saying, not many people own large brushes but man they are fantastic especially when paired with a short loft. I was thinking along the lines of a small chubby type of feel. 25 or 26 knot with a 48-50 loft.

I got so excited, I'm ordering some knots from GN to make up some personal prototypes!:w00t:

I got so excited, I'm ordering some knots from GN to make up some personal prototypes!:w00t:

Nice!! have you seen my restored hoffritz chubby 3 finest golden nib 30mm knot hole and a 48-50 loft I cant remember. Yes I take every opportunity to post this pic when I can. Can you believe this is all it has bloomed.

Im also hoping the pic might inspire a larger brush after seeing what a large knot and a short loft can look like.

Last edited:
Nice!! have you seen my restored hoffritz chubby 3 ? finest golden nib 30mm knot hole and a 48-50 loft I cant remember. Yes I take every opportunity to post this pic when I can. Can you believe this is all it has bloomed.

Im also hoping the pic might inspire a larger brush after seeing what a large knot and a short loft can look like.

That is a voluptuous little brush. I see you are working your angle planting ideas. Maybe '09 could be a modern Butterscotch colored brush?

Last edited:
Nice!! have you seen my restored hoffritz chubby 3 ? finest golden nib 30mm knot hole and a 48-50 loft I cant remember. Yes I take every opportunity to post this pic when I can. Can you believe this is all it has bloomed.

Nice! I had not seen that before (my SBAD has been in remission, and I have not frequented the brush forums for a while...)

My 20 & 21mm 45mm loft brushes also display little to no bloom. Tight is right!

I voted 22. I have already sold all my larger brushes (except an Omega Pro)

For 9 months I have been buying, trying and selling various sizes and styles of brushes. I settled in on a Rooney 1/1 (22mm) as just about perfect. As a matter of fact I bought two of the size 1 Rooneys in different styles. . I thought I really wanted a 21 but Rooney doesn't make one. But the Rooney's shorter (47-48mm?) loft makes the 22 work just right

At first I really liked the bigger ones but as time went on that wore off and I realized the smaller ones really were more convenient.

BTW -- I used to bowl lather and now the bowl has a different use. I only face lather anymore. Again, because it s just more convenient. So I guess I am a "minimalist" at heart!

But, having seen ambrose's picture of his restored Hoffritz I can see me liking that as well! The short loft makes it.

So, if there were TWO available (small and large, short-loft -- and per Seraphim no middle of the road size) I am pretty sure I would sign up for one of each.

Last edited:
How exactly does one become eligible to join part of the group buy for these legendary brushes I keep hearing about?

Top Bottom