What's new

Surprised by Wilkinson Economie

I tried one of these this morning in a British HD. I got a very nice shave. The first 2-3 strokes were a tad rough, but the blade smoothed out after that. I was very surprised at how smooth the blade was from that point on. They are certainly no bargain, $0.30 a blade is the best price I could find. If you can get them cheap in your neck of the woods, I would give them a try.

I tried one of these this morning in a British HD. I got a very nice shave. The first 2-3 strokes were a tad rough, but the blade smoothed out after that. I was very surprised at how smooth the blade was from that point on. They are certainly no bargain, $0.30 a blade is the best price I could find. If you can get them cheap in your neck of the woods, I would give them a try.

Are these the german made wilkinson's?. I agree with you that they are a little rough at first but I can get five smooth shaves out of one. try blade buffing both sides on a wine cork. Just one pass per side will smooth the edges right up.

Clayton

Are these the german made wilkinson's?. I agree with you that they are a little rough at first but I can get five smooth shaves out of one. try blade buffing both sides on a wine cork. Just one pass per side will smooth the edges right up.

Clayton

These are different than the white or black label wilkinsons. They have a purple plastic box with a yellow label. They have no writing on the blade itself and are listed as "made in the EU".

I have tried the UK NOS white label wilkinsons, they also benefit from corking.

Top Bottom