What's new

Help getting spots off razor doors

I just got a superspeed off the internet (For another PIF) and it's not a showpiece, but it's a good shaver. It's got heavy spotting on the doors and i have tried everything to remove them. I've tried standard household cleaner, Barkeeper's friend, toothpaste, barbicide. Any help would be awesome

thanks,

Clockwork

Scrubbing Bubbles is always a good aid in the process, but sometimes the spotting ends up going deeper than the Nickel/Gold Plating and there isn't any way to remove it.

I recently got a beautiful Fatboy other than some spotting on one of the doors and ended up finding some Brassing in the process of cleaning it up before I realized it.

Just a heads up,

~JD

Scrubbing Bubbles is always a good aid in the process, but sometimes the spotting ends up going deeper than the Nickel/Gold Plating and there isn't any way to remove it.

I recently got a beautiful Fatboy other than some spotting on one of the doors and ended up finding some Brassing in the process of cleaning it up before I realized it.

Just a heads up,

~JD

Thanks JD, I think that may be the problem here... I've scrubbed the thing for over 20 minutes and it's not coming out...

Ah spots, what would life be like without them? 2 things: take some jewelers rouge and a little mineral oil. Apply the oil to coat the area where the spots are, then sprinkle on the powdered rouge and use a toothbrush to apply a little agitation. The oil will hold the rouge in suspension so it doesn't flake away. Or, you can try some Never Dull, comes in a can, it's a cottony/felt type product impregnated with some polishing compound, works well on the nickel. If all else fails, sand out the spots down to the brass and have the piece replated, good luck bc

I just got a superspeed off the internet (For another PIF) and it's not a showpiece, but it's a good shaver. It's got heavy spotting on the doors and i have tried everything to remove them. I've tried standard household cleaner, Barkeeper's friend, toothpaste, barbicide. Any help would be awesome

thanks,

Clockwork

I'll tell you what not to do. Don't wrap the corner of your shirt around your finger and use it to buff out the spots. Especially when you have mistakenly thought the razor was empty.

I'm not implying anything... but you could cut your finger really good and ruin a good shirt.... not that' this has happened....

*sucks on finger*

I'll tell you what not to do. Don't wrap the corner of your shirt around your finger and use it to buff out the spots. Especially when you have mistakenly thought the razor was empty.

I'm not implying anything... but you could cut your finger really good and ruin a good shirt.... not that' this has happened....

*sucks on finger*

I'm not admitting anything. Anything! :redface:

*sucks on finger*

Happened to me two days ago when I was cleaning off some soap from it. :lol:

Or, you can try some Never Dull, comes in a can, it's a cottony/felt type product impregnated with some polishing compound, works well on the nickel.

+1 My Beantown Brothah! I had some of this stuff sitting around and it really did a nice job on my superspeeds. Finally got rid of that stubborn water spot and they look *really* shiny. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom