What's new

Acquisitions August 3 - 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My RAD has been under control lately (supplanted by SBAD, SCAD, SSAD, and the even more terrifying ADWAD [Affordable Diver Watch Acquisition Disorder]) but I do watch for those sweeties I don't have -- and want. So, over the last couple of weeks:

proxy.php

TV Rocket (thanks, Erwin!)

proxy.php

aluminum handle Rocket HD (thanks, Achim!)

proxy.php

proxy.php

1930's Aristocrat (thanks, dBay!)​

- this last was one of my Grails - 95+% plating intact... and mechanically fine!!!! What a nice shave...!

and my apologies for the pics - they don't do the hardware justice. (I could blame my little point-'n'-shoot... but really, I have no idea what I'm doing trying to take close shots w/ the thing....)

1200 grit king waterstone.

I bought it to make my life easier, but then spent ages lapping it. Sigh.

proxy.php

Top to bottom:

No Date WWII Tech- Paid $4 - it has been 'hacked', if you will, with paper towels to keep it usable. My guess is it cracked and came apart and the user did this quick fix. Hopefully, not while under fire. The coloring on the paper towel makes me think it was used semi-recently.

1954 (Z1) Black-Handled SuperSpeed - Paid $2 - Fair Condition after a cleanup, small crack starting on the upper shaft.

1962 (H1) Slim Adjustable - Paid $8 - My first adjustable, functions great and is quite clean. Big ding on the lower tray for the doors, one door doesn't open all the way w/o a gentle push.

Now get out there and score!:biggrin:

Just Scored!

2 str8's that need just a little polishing and someone to hone them (and now I need a strop... May just hang onto them for a little while.)

And... dun dun duuuun!
A Gillette New Improved or Deluxe, not quite sure which yet. Serial # on top of the guard is 87290B. Pictures of all:
Before light polish (as purchased):
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

After a light polish, more yet to do.
proxy.php

proxy.php

And a couple of str8s
One from the Shapleigh HDWE CO in St Louis, U.S.A.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And one from the Spokane Barber Supply Co. in Spokane WA. (Steel from Germany)
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

No Date WWII Tech- Paid $4 - it has been 'hacked', if you will, with paper towels to keep it usable. My guess is it cracked and came apart and the user did this quick fix. Hopefully, not while under fire. The coloring on the paper towel makes me think it was used semi-recently.

I believe you'll find that your Tech not a WWII Tech but actually an Old Type. Someone else can probably help with this identification.

- Chris

[Edit: If you look around this page you'll see that if it were from any war it would be WWI.]

Last edited:
I believe you'll find that your Tech not a WWII Tech but actually an Old Type. Someone else can probably help with this identification.

- Chris

I wondered about that. I assumed since there was no date that it would be a WWII, but the comb and the old-style 3-piece/3-hole thing made me wonder.

Perhaps its just a conglomeration of parts. Which is really the only reason I grabbed it. I am considering making/replacing the metal tube and using a hydraulic press to 'rebuild' the razor.:tongue:

Welp, just pulled the ebay trigger on a Lady Gillette for $15 after shipping. I really wanted to buy it here on B&B but all these one-minute sales are killin me, but hey at least you know its an active community.:lol: After a cleaning, the Lady will be quite happy with the new razor.

Here it be

I haven't posted much in a while (busy, busy...) so here's the goods from the past couple of weeks:

proxy.php

- The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil Unscented (which really is a rip-off considering the ingredients: castor oil, olive oil and essential oil).
- Brut AS (glass bottle!)
- Speick AS (I also ordered the shave stick and the ASB)
- Weleda Moisture Cream for Men
- C&E Sandalwood ASB
- TOBS Sandalwood SS
- Cella SS
- TI Stamina 5/8 Extra Hollow Ground, silver steel
- Grah & Plumacher Silver Ring 5/8 Full Hollow Ground, carbon steel (via B/S/T from ZethLent)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I picked this one up in a drugstore in England during my holiday. I am just curious to try a DE as well. :w00t: To me they seem more convenient for travelling. When not travelling I will definitely stay with my straights though. :biggrin:

Still enjoying my vacation on the island of Bornholm. This afternoon we visited a couple of my GF's friends. Having just taken over an old farm they have piles of old stuff laying all over, upon mentioning that I was a collector of vintage shaving gear the dug out these two for me:

proxy.php

A Danish made Raavad (a very old Danish cutlery brand, still in existence). It look a lot like an Old-Type, but the head is diffrent. It looks like most of the silver plating is intact.

A bakelite Merkur with metal top plate in bakelite box, both in nice condition. I have been wanting one of these for a very long time I :biggrin:

I will clean these up when we get home. I am very much looking forward to giving the Merkur a spin.

Regards.

Jakob

Just Scored!

A Gillette New Improved or Deluxe, not quite sure which yet. Serial # on top of the guard is 87290B. Pictures of all:

proxy.php

I was looking at that too, but I forgot about it he he!

What you got there is a Bostonian... how you can tell?
by the patent code (Jan 13 1920 U.S.A.) between the handle and the knob.
Bostonian, Richwood, and another models (except new) had the PAT. N° there.

Here's a Thread and also some pictures if you like.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=99386&highlight=open+comb

I haven't posted much in a while (busy, busy...) so here's the goods from the past couple of weeks:

proxy.php

- The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil Unscented (which really is a rip-off considering the ingredients: castor oil, olive oil and essential oil).
- Brut AS (glass bottle!)
- Speick AS (I also ordered the shave stick and the ASB)
- Weleda Moisture Cream for Men
- C&E Sandalwood ASB
- TOBS Sandalwood SS
- Cella SS
- TI Stamina 5/8 Extra Hollow Ground, silver steel
- Grah & Plumacher Silver Ring 5/8 Full Hollow Ground, carbon steel (via B/S/T from ZethLent)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I picked this one up in a drugstore in England during my holiday. I am just curious to try a DE as well. :w00t: To me they seem more convenient for travelling. When not travelling I will definitely stay with my straights though. :biggrin:

Where did you get that TI, and how does she shave? New c135 carbon song or is that a historical blank?

Well, just got back from vacation and was greeted at the doorstep by some goodies I ordered just before heading out.

Haven't tried the brushes yet but did manage to spend a few hours in awe flipping through the pages of the Krumholz book. Wow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom