What's new

Replating razors

Just wondering how much it usually cost, and if anyone here has done it before.

I found a few razors at a garage sale that are still usable but are pretty banged up and I was wondering about replating them and using them as gifts...

-Clockwork

R

rainman

yes, buddydog does them, i think he charges 25 apiece, im not sure though, im waiting for him because hes backed up now, im replate two from budydog

Not bad. I may have one done at that rate.

Has anyone tried powdercoating? How do you think it would work out to powdercoat a 3-piece Tech? I think jet black would be pretty neat. I wonder if the change in surface texture would, or possible the gap, would cause issues.

Has anyone tried powdercoating? How do you think it would work out to powdercoat a 3-piece Tech? I think jet black would be pretty neat. I wonder if the change in surface texture would, or possible the gap, would cause issues.

powder coating would add a lot to the thickness. this might be ok on the handle but could effect how the head locks together, or even the angle of the blade.

powder coating would add a lot to the thickness. this might be ok on the handle but could effect how the head locks together, or even the angle of the blade.

That's what I was thinking. If I come across the right razor and can get it done cheap enough, I might try it.

Top Bottom