What's new

Jackets

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It's "Winter" down under so I guess I would say some winter jacket. Winter goes down to 5C in the morning so it's not so bad.

I currently have a vintage trench coat from the '50s. Aquarius 5 - Cooper color. It's a nice jacket, they don't make them like that anymore.

Depends on what I'm doing, wearing, and the weather. If it's dry out and chilly but not freezing I like to do a classic leather jacket. I wear a lot of synthetic fleece too for walking the dog, layering, etc. Sport coats for when I'm dressed up for work or want to change it up a bit. Of course when it gets real cold or particularly rainy I go to a wool coat.

weekends-
proxy.php

evening

basic lounge

http://www.carygrant.net/fotogallery/born-thumbnails.htm#

Last edited:
Nice Jim!
I have a leather jacket for most stuff, a tattered beach bum hooded pull over (I refuse to say "Hoodie"), and REI fleece and a REI Gor Tech Jacket for the Trails.

Its the middle of Summer here in England so i wear anything that has extra goose down, double quilted and with a thick hood. It will also prefereably have built in gloves to keep out the cold.

I have a basic black leather jacket I wear about 90% of the time but I also own a brown leather jackets thats quite a bit heavier and sits just about mid thigh on me.

Jackets - a subject dear to my heart.

I'd like to think I had the "perfect" jacket for just about every occasion. But I'm sure I don't.

Walking in the country on a rainy fall afternoon - a Barbour waterproof. A night playing pool and darts at the local sports bar? My NY Yankees retro baseball jacket. An October poker run on my Harley - my black leather FXRG, complete with thick leather and built in armor. Cocktails at the country club - a cashmere navy three button blazer. Running errands on a Saturday morning - my white jean jacket.

A jacket can make the man. The right leather jacket can hide the flaws in our physique. A jacket also provides some handy storage space for cellphones, sunglasses, a Moleskine notebook. A jacket insulates us from the cold and rain, and also from the elbows and shoulders of subway passengers and bar patrons. Offering to drape your jacket across the shoulders of a shivering ladyfriend. Your jacket is your friend, your mark of distinction, a visible, wearable symbol that you've thought ahead.

Except for those quilted satin "team jackets" some guys wear. I don't think they are good for much of anything.

Its the middle of Summer here in England so i wear anything that has extra goose down, double quilted and with a thick hood. It will also prefereably have built in gloves to keep out the cold.

I'm further south in England where it's warmer. Lots of wet gear for me, usually a full length Drizabone riding coat/duster with waterproof trousers if the rain is heavier than usual. Don't forget the wellies.

Gareth

Leather collar barn jacket from Harold Powell. I tried on a few all-leather jackets in Argentina last year, but nothing really jumped out at my wife and I as perfect. It really needs to get pretty cold before I'll wear a jacket, though.

(I'm not including sportcoats/suit jackets nor rain jackets in my definition. I own and wear these, as well, of course.)

Jim, you are officially the coolest person ever in my book. Anyway in winter I wear my trusty M-65 Field Jacket(with removable liner for warmer weather. In OD green of course) Other than that I really don't wear a jacket.

I have several jackets and coats. Which one I wear is determined by the weather and temperature.

Cool- Jean jacket or track jacket

Cold- Peacoat, either grey or black

Really cold or raining- Military issue great coat, traditional tan trench coat, or blue rain coat

I also have a Ben Sherman jacket I just picked up. Im not sure where in the lineup it will go. I'll just have to wait until it cools down and I can actually wear it.

Top Bottom