What's new

Rooney v Simpsons

I've determined that I like short loft, medium knot brushes and actually quite like my Rooney 1/1, but I was browsing brushes in this category and couldn't figure out the price difference between a Rooney 1/1 Super at $75 and a Simpsons Stubby 1 Super at $160. The loft, knot and hair seem to be the same. Perhaps Simpsons' version of Super is different than Rooney's?

I realize this may be a holy war type of question, but what's the difference between these Simpsons and Rooneys?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My guess is that you are looking at a Simpson Chubby in Super which is the higher grade badger hair offered by Simpson. The Rooney 1/1 Super at $75 is actually Rooney's lower grade hair from their Finest grade hair. Simpson's Super is akin to a Rooney Finest as far as grading goes while Rooney's Super is closer in line to Simpson "Best" grading.

Wait. Now I'm confused. :rolleyes:

When you refer to a Stubby, that is Rooney's Heritage line which I believe is filled with Rooney's Super hair.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Crickey! Stubbies, chubbies, finest, super and best. You'd think they do that to confuse us!

You are right Henry. You would think the highest grading would be "Pure". :a23: :biggrin:

(The use of this similie is in no way condoning the using of illegal substances.)

Last edited:
My guess is that you are looking at a Simpson Chubby in Super which is the higher grade badger hair offered by Simpson. The Rooney 1/1 Super at $75 is actually Rooney's lower grade hair from their Finest grade hair. Simpson's Super is akin to a Rooney Finest as far as grading goes while Rooney's Super is closer in line to Simpson "Best" grading.

Wait. Now I'm confused. :rolleyes:

When you refer to a Stubby, that is Rooney's Heritage line which I believe is filled with Rooney's Super hair.

And I only thought I was confused before.... :)

+1

I have a Rooney 1/1 in finest and it was a little bit more than $160.

Rooney Super in their heritage line is a different grade of badger, much much more resilient, very white at the tips and much softer at the tips versus their regular super line

Rooney Super is basically silver tip badger that has been sorted though to remove imperfect hairs so that you are left with a higher grade of a silver tip

Rooney Finest is a rare species of badger hair that is taken from their back, the hair is dark at the shafts creamy yellow/white at the tips. Extra resilient, soft at the tips, prickly if you try and splay it on the face.

Simpsons Super is a silver tip that has been sorted though to remove imperfect hairs so that you are left with a higher grade of a silver tip.

Why is simpsons more ad far as cost goes I have no clue. I have used all of these brushes and find them all to be great in their own way. You either must have them all or figure out what you like in a brush exactly. I happen to live rooneys heritage line, there is a big difference between that line and the regular super.

Hope this helps :smile:

(The use of this similie is in way condoning the using of illegal substances.)

Bob, I think you're missing a "no" after "in". Unless you really are way condoning the use of illegal substances :lol::lol::lol:

*sniff, sniff* What were we talking about?

Top Bottom