What's new

MMA Legend Kimo Leopoldo Passes. Just kidding, he's fine.

Wow, strange news indeed. I also remember the fight where Royce pulled his hair. I don't look at it as Royce was fighting like a girl, it was a tactical advantage.

Wow, strange news indeed. I also remember the fight where Royce pulled his hair. I don't look at it as Royce was fighting like a girl, it was a tactical advantage.

+1 Gotta fight to win.

Now, if he had some weird, blinding powdery stuff like Bolo in Bloodsport, then I would hate him.:biggrin:

In fact, didn't Bruce Lee yank out a chunk of Chuck Norris' chest carpet in Return of the Dragon? If you leave it hanging out there, you're just asking to have it pulled.

In fact, didn't Bruce Lee yank out a chunk of Chuck Norris' chest carpet in Return of the Dragon? If you leave it hanging out there, you're just asking to have it pulled.

Your forgot the most important part of that fight. He then blew the chest hair back at Chuck Norris :eek::w00t::lol::lol::lol:

That's another good reason to be bald. If you want to try and pull MY hair, you had better bring a plunger.

That's another good reason to be bald. If you want to try and pull MY hair, you had better bring a plunger.

I had a good post about pulling the hair of the other varity and the fact that hitting below the belt was allowed in the early UFC's, but It wasn't very gentlemanly so I deleted it. :lol::lol:

Ah, the Gracies do have their bad points. Their arrogance is probably only equaled by their contributions to contemporary martial arts. But those are some serious contributions. And a lot of their talk is just hype--they are businessmen as much as they are jiujitsuro and they know what sells. On the other hand, everybody who I know who trains in Gracie jiu jitsu has nothing but good things to say about them.

Their arrogance is only a part of it. I hate the fact that they all tend to hold submissions way longer than necessary. An opponent will tap and the ref will end the fight and they will hold on a while longer. Very unnecessary.

I had a good post about pulling the hair of the other varity and the fact that hitting below the belt was allowed in the early UFC's, but It wasn't very gentlemanly so I deleted it. :lol::lol:

Yeah, I remember the only rules were no Wing Tsun and no eye-gouging. That round-robin business must have been rough.

Yeah, I remember the only rules were no Wing Tsun and no eye-gouging. That round-robin business must have been rough.

Wing Tsun?

I agree, round-robin MMA, not for the out of shape. Can you imagine boxing doing a round robin tournament?

Wing Tsun?

I agree, round-robin MMA, not for the out of shape. Can you imagine boxing doing a round robin tournament?

I don't know of any promotions that still do round robins, but tournaments are still popular outside the UFC. More than 1 MMA fight in a night is just torture. You have to be in insane shape as well as take very little damage in your early fights or you're in for it.

Wing Tsun?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iMYCAICTao[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6oPgV0tJrM[/YOUTUBE]

Wing Tsun?

They wouldn't allow Wing stylists to enter the tournaments. Eye-gouging is popular in that style; I guess that's why.

Round-robin boxing would be insane. If the fights were 1, maybe 2 rounds, it wouldn't be so bad. You would have to be in insane condition for MMA today.

Indeed he did. Great movie and Chuck had it coming. I mean what was he thinking wearing that bear suit to a fight? :lol:

Your forgot the most important part of that fight. He then blew the chest hair back at Chuck Norris :eek::w00t::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome, arrogant, awesome! :w00t::w00t:

That would have been insane. That's why the varying states that allow MMA won't allow that style of tournament anymore.

We got the update in post #17 and I changed the title/edited my original post to reflect it. It's interesting how crappy reporting spreads so fast. Thanks for the additional link Tim! :cool:

Maybe SlagleRock's original post meant that he passed guard, not passed away? I could see that.

Yeah, that's it, passed guard.... :biggrin:

Needless to say several media outlets have a little egg on their face at the moment.

Top Bottom