What's new

Help!! Silvertip Question - How much cream?

Hi guys,

I just recently purchased my first Silvertip brush, an Omega Silvertip, it's really has an exquisite feel on my face, previously I had been using a Vulfix boar brush.

Despite the sensational softness, I'm quite disappointed in its performance, particularly with lathering. But this could be because I'm not used to it, or I'm not using enough cream?

I tend to have around 3-4 passes and find that using the same amount of cream previously with the Vulfix & TOBS avocado doesn't get the same volume of lather. The brush is struggling after or on the 2nd pass, and I've had to squeeze the lather out of the brush to get it on my face :confused:, (similar to the mantic vid). By adding water the lather is pathetic. :eek:

I soak the brush in hot water place TOBS in my scuttle with a very little amount of hot water prior to my shower. Once out of the shower I rinse the brush, and soak it agin under the tap with hot water, a quick flick, and proceed with lathering.

Am I doing something wrong? How much cream do you use? Is it common for a badger brush to use more cream than a boar brush? Comments and thoughts most appreciated

I usually use soaps, but when I use creams I use my thumb nail as a guide. I use about as much cream as needed to cover my thumb nail. Thats a pretty good guide to the often mentioned almond size for creams. You might want to try using soaps and then adding that size cream to the soap for a really slick lather. Also try making a few practive lathers from both soaps and creams. Don't worry you'll get the hang of it rather quickly, and pretty soon you'll be making nice thick lather every time. If one doesn't come out right just wash it out and make another. You'll do fine. :biggrin: :001_tongu

Regards,

Paul

bigger brushes need more product

Bingo.

I'm not sure which Omega model you have; but, I'm my Omega 6215 is a large-blooming, luxurious brush--I like the "exquisite" description.

Here's the trick: It takes more cream. Not tons more; but, enough to notice. Just try more cream and proportionally more water.

Our Ron devised a trick with creams called the dip and twist, it is a self regulating program for the amount of product used. How it works is you dip the brush tips in the tub and twist. Thats it- small brush small amount- large brush larger amount. So yep, more product.

Our Ron devised a trick with creams called the dip and twist, it is a self regulating program for the amount of product used. How it works is you dip the brush tips in the tub and twist. Thats it- small brush small amount- large brush larger amount. So yep, more product.

Good point, Jim (no surprise there). I do the dip & twist method, and it does self-regulate.

You guys rock!! :thumbup1:

One question, once the dip & twist is done, do I then add a small amount of water in the bowl and start the lather, or should the brush be wet before the dip & twist, and then start the lather in the bowl?

Top Bottom