What's new

MMA Legend Kimo Leopoldo Passes. Just kidding, he's fine.

**EDIT** Perhaps Kimo is still alive!?!?**

UPDATE SEE POST 17!

Kimo Leopoldo has apparently passed on from complications of a heart attack.

More links here and here.

I know we have some MMA fans here so I thought I'd share this sad news. He lived a troubled life and despite his own shortcomings he tried in every way to share God's word.

For those who don't recognize the name Kimo fought a who's who of MMA and was a veteran of the early UFC events:

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Tank Abbott
Tim Lajick
Wes Sims
Dan Severn
Brian Johnston
Bam Bam Bigalow (no joke)
Kazushi Sakuraba
Paul Varelens
Pat Smith

Last edited:
Wow I didn't know about this. He was a beast. Very religious from what I undersand as well. It seems so many well known people are passing now it's crazy. RIP to yet another.

Kimo nearly beat Royce Gracie in UFC 3, if it hadn't been for Gracie hanging on Kimo's hair (which is now illegal) Kimo would have won. Even though Gracie won the bout, he was so exhausted he was forced to pull out from the tournament.

Kimo nearly beat Royce Gracie in UFC 3, if it hadn't been for Gracie hanging on Kimo's hair (which is now illegal) Kimo would have won. Even though Gracie won the bout, he was so exhausted he was forced to pull out from the tournament.

I remember that. Classic fight. The ponytail was his downfall.

I remember that, too. He was a beast.

The Daily News, perhaps not a paragon of journalistic accuracy, says he was a steroid user. Regardless, very sad. Forty-one is way too young.

Ah, the Gracies do have their bad points. Their arrogance is probably only equaled by their contributions to contemporary martial arts. But those are some serious contributions. And a lot of their talk is just hype--they are businessmen as much as they are jiujitsuro and they know what sells. On the other hand, everybody who I know who trains in Gracie jiu jitsu has nothing but good things to say about them.

Nope, I believe I saw somewhere that methamphetamine is/was his drug of choice.

He had a cocaine habit that allegedly he had kicked. He was only recently busted for testing positive for Stanazol (a banned steroid).

So either way illicit drugs+steroids= bad.

It could have been many things.

Looks like he has made some bad choices as of late. People must be caught up in some sort of frenzy with all the famous people dying before their time recently.

Top Bottom