What's new

Available Gillette razors in 1967 question.

Am I correct to assume that the only Gillette razors one could buy in Canada and the U.S. in 1967 was the flare tip Super Speed and the Slim Adjustable? Also they were available in gold plated versions too, right?

There was also the Knack, a plastic handled razor
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Gillette_Knack

Flare tipped superspeeds weren't ever gold plated. The slim adjustable was available gold plated, but it was called an aristocrat in that form.

here is a gold plated SS:

proxy.php

Is it just called "gold plated superspeed" or something else?
What packing or box did it come with? Or is that just a superspeed that someone re-plated?

I've never seen one of them, did they make a gold plated version of the 1960s type superspeed? Or was it just only a few of the 50s type?

edit:
Another thing I've always wanted to ask you, how common are the Z1 flare tips? I know they were selling the 40s style at the same time, but I don't know how easy it would be to find a z1 flare tip.

Last edited:
Is it just called "gold plated superspeed" or something else?
What packing or box did it come with? Or is that just a superspeed that someone re-plated?

These are legit, and they came in the same packaging as the nickel Super Speeds of that time (at least mine did -- 1960 model). I think the reason that these as so seldomly seen is because, although they were made in the US, they were only sold in South American markets. Mine was from Argentina (see blade in dispenser), and has instructions in Spanish.

proxy.php

Top Bottom