What's new

1987 birth year razor.

Hey, everybody.

Now that my collection (and my RAD) is growing I'm starting to think about my birth year razor. As I am a youngling of merely 21 years I'm not hoping for the most fancy vintage one, but are there any gilettes with date stamps from that period?

I saw on Mr-Razors site that they made black handled SS in '85, anyone know if they continued 'til '87? That would be really nice since the plastic handled ones are quite boring.

Anyone has any ideas?

Well they made the Black Handled SuperSpeed until the fourth quarter of 1986 because I've got one, its my birth razor.

I have never seen one with an H (1987) date code though.

Well they made the Black Handled SuperSpeed until the fourth quarter of 1986 because I've got one, its my birth razor.

I have never seen one with an H (1987) date code though.

Thanks for the info. Lets hope there are any H3's out there though.

Anyone know any other DE that was made in 3rd quarter of 87?

1987 is my birth year as well. Unfortunately, I do not believe gillette was still making any DEs in 1987. After spending time trying to find an 87 DE, I settled and decided to look for a Gillette Trac II, but they don't have date codes. So I ended up forgetting about the whole thing. :(

Maybe a Slim. Mine is from 1988, so I think it gives him from 1987 too.

proxy.php

R

rainman

87' is also the last year the Gillette Super Adjustable was made.

I'm not even going to bother with trying to find my birth year as I'm also a '89er instead I'm going to go for my fathers birth year when I get around to looking for that specific of a razor (I'm still trying to figure whats working well for me.) Then I might try both grandfathers.:biggrin:

I've got a Black Beauty super adjustable with a U2 date stamp. If H = 87 what age would U be then? :confused:

Cheers

Ye of little faith -- I got my son an NOS I4 (1988) Gillette slim right here on the BST for $20 shipped, if I recall. They are out there -- you just need to look under enough rocks.

Good luck!

Top Bottom