What's new

Proraso pre/post-how long did yours last?

I bought mine last spring when I began wetshaving and used it almost every day as a post shave. First I used one little dab after first wetting my face a little, then after a few months I graduated to three dabs-one on each cheek and one on the neck. That left an opaque film on my face that soon disappeared, but it sure did feel good.

Anyway, for the record mine lasted 13 months. After PIF'ing two jars, I still have three jars left so I should be good until 2012.

Last edited:
Mine doesn't last nearly as long. I use a big chuck of the Proraso pre-shave instead of the lather in Kyle's Prep, plus a small finger-full with the post-shave cold water splash :w00t:, so I get about 3-4 months or so out of a jar. It's still a bargain.

I've never finished one, but at the rate mine is disappearing, I would say it'll last about 3 years (I use it as a pre-shave every shave).

I've never finished one, but at the rate mine is disappearing, I would say it'll last about 3 years (I use it as a pre-shave every shave).

I use it the same way. I started on it in December and it's halfway gone. I heard there was an Aloe and Green tea version available somewhere :w00t:

I heard there was an Aloe and Green tea version available somewhere :w00t:

That's a lathering cream, not the Pre/Post.

A small jar lasts me about 4 months. I use it every day as a preparation, and now and then as a post shave treatment if my skin is feeling a bit battered. You can get a Barber's 500mg tub if you are a heavy user!

I prefer other shaving creams (Cremo, Taylors Eaton) but the Pre/Post is the one line in the Proraso stable I won't be without.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I think mine also lasted 3-4 months... I had the small jar :biggrin:

I think it's reasonnable!

its great stuff, I got the 500ml tub, not likely to run out any time soon!

the splash on the other hand, hmmm Id like to get a large bottle of that stuff...

That's a lathering cream, not the Pre/Post.

No, but it is on the want list :biggrin:

Today; a package from Proshave:

proxy.php

Shavemac 177-23-3 - 23 mm. silvertip
Merkur Classic 33C
The new White Proraso pre/post cream!
A puck of MWF (just stacking up for the shavepocalypse)
A tube of Marvis Aquatic Mint toothpaste

Still, yet more goodies are in the mail....

Regards.

Jakob

Take a look at the photo :w00t: that was the first time I saw it. The poster listed it under the "aquisitions" thread. Hopefully, it'll be showing up at WCS soon. :cool:

Top Bottom