What's new

Greet my 'new' Gillette NEW

You have the one-time chance to assemble my first shave with my Gillette NEW. All mentioned products will be photographed in a SOTD image. It'll be posted in this thread. Go ahead and pick one item out of each list:

Safety razor blades
- Derby Extra
- Feather
- Gillette Super Silver
- Personna
- Wilkinson Sword Classic

Shave brushes
- Cerrus badger brush
- Cerrus boar brush
- Erbe 28mm finest badger
- Kent BK4
- Shavemac 311

Shaving soap
- Arko
- De Vergulde Hand
- Olivia Churchill
- Olivia [WM] Creole
- Olivia [WM] Sarubia
- Palmolive stick
- Sir Irisch Moos stick
- Tabac

Shaving cream
- D. R. Harris Lavender shave cream
- Nivea
- Palmolive
- Penhaligon's Castile
- Speick

Aftershave
- D. R. Harris Arlington
- Brut Instinct
- Old Spice original
- Speick
- Tabac original
- Nivea Balsam / Soothing Balm

Colognes
- Calvin Klein - Be
- D. R. Harris Arlington EdC
- Musgo Real - Agua de Colonia No. 1 – Orange Amber
- Musgo Real - Agua de Colonia No. 2 – Oak Moss
- Pashana - Original "In The Mood"
- Truefitt & Hill - 1805

Note: I'm picking one item out of each category - the one which has got the most votes. Soap or cream, superlather only if you explicitly say so. If you want to leave out one of the categories, that's fine. If you want to assemble my shave en detail, i.e. 'go ATG!' or 'Cork the blade!', though not needed it would be awesome!

Anf if you wonder what a Gillette NEW is just take a look:
full
Thanks zatoichi for that image!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blade: Personna
Super lather: De Vergulde Hand + Speick SC
Aftershave: Speick
Brush: Erbe 28mm finest badger

That's what I'd use.

I would prefer a Shark blade, but the Wilkinson will do nicely.

Tabac soap, which is what I used today.

I don't use perfumes, so the other categories are up to you.

Derby Extra
Shavemac 311
D.R. Harris Lavender shave cream
Nivea Balsam / Soothing Balm
Truefitt & Hill - 1805

How's that for a combo ?

Thanks guys :001_smile
The shave will consist out of:
Derby Extra
Tabac
Erbe 28mm finest badger
Nivea Balsam / Soothing Balm
I'll be posting tomorrow morning in this thread.

SOTD

I really enjoyed shaving with this one. It's an unique experience although it's not as efficient as I thought it'd be. Maybe my shaving angle was odd or it's time to load a Personna. But the shave was pleasant, smooth and effortless. The Gillette NEW has a place in my rotation.

SOTD

I really enjoyed shaving with this one. It's an unique experience although it's not as efficient as I thought it'd be. Maybe my shaving angle was odd or it's time to load a Personna. But the shave was pleasant, smooth and effortless. The Gillette NEW has a place in my rotation.

Now that's a beautiful razor.

Last edited:
I have yet to shave with a NEW. I have not found one yet in my travels to shops/stores flea markets. One day it shall happen and I will be a NEW man.

Thanx for sharing your setup plans - a totally cool thread!

I have yet to shave with a NEW. I have not found one yet in my travels to shops/stores flea markets. One day it shall happen and I will be a NEW man.

Thanx for sharing your setup plans - a totally cool thread!

As I have said before, it's my second favorite Gillette, I have 3 long combs and one short comb. The Goodwill is the only one that shaves better in my book.

Yiou can often get them on the 'bay for $10 and shipping; they are well worth the price.

As I have said before, it's my second favorite Gillette, I have 3 long combs and one short comb. The Goodwill is the only one that shaves better in my book.

Yiou can often get them on the 'bay for $10 and shipping; they are well worth the price.

I have seen them on the Bay. I keep going towards the nice shiny ones in excellent cases and then I am too cheap to bid enough! So.... not yet! I will probably downscale my needs and get a user grade. Thnx

I find the NEW is a terrific shave. Short comb, IP blade, i.e., not a honker like a Feather, gets the job done B... B... S. Love it.

I hold it at the balance or pivot point. Let it find the angle. Great shave.

Top Bottom