What's new

anyone offer a free puck of soap or samples?

Since I have never used a soap I was wondering if anyone sends out a free puck or sends samples out. I love creams but not sure if I would like a soap. don't really want to spend moeny on something I am not sure if i will like.

I don't know of any free ones, but you can find some samplers like at Susie's Bubbles. Some inexpensive whirls at soaps though...

Glycerin:
Col Conks Almond; You will want to eat it and makes great lather. Under 5 bucks.
VDH Delux, Meh scent, good lather, found locally in the US for less than 2 bucks.

Tallow:
Speick; Wonderful scent and lather, a real value for the great quality. About 5 and a half bucks.
Arko; I love it. Scent is love or hate but mounds of great lather. Ultra cheap.
The Tallow are sticks that can be easily milled into a container.

Just send an email to Col. Conk's requesting samples, they will send you 2 sample pucks of soap and 4 vials of their aftershaves, free.

Cheers,
David

Since I have never used a soap I was wondering if anyone sends out a free puck or sends samples out. I love creams but not sure if I would like a soap. don't really want to spend moeny on something I am not sure if i will like.

It's freaking soap, for crissakes. Brush the cobwebs out of your wallet and spring for a puck of Col Conk, you cheap bastard.

G

gone down south

If you write to any manufacturer and ask nicely they'll send you samples.
A lot of them will charge a small fee for shipping and handling, but I've found the samples to be surprisingly generous.

Just send an email to Col. Conk's requesting samples, they will send you 2 sample pucks of soap and 4 vials of their aftershaves, free.

They gave you two? They only gave me one. :frown:

It's freaking soap, for crissakes. Brush the cobwebs out of your wallet and spring for a puck of Col Conk, you cheap bastard.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, something like a puck of Williams or VDH isn't going to break the bank. Besides if you don't like them you could also PIF them away.

You could also use the reviews here at B&B to help you feel more secure about a soap purchase... If every reviewer pretty much loves it, then I would think the chances are slim that you would hate it.

First off I am far from being cheap. If you really knew me you would understand that. I do not have a problem spending money on things I like. I just spend over 200.00 on shave cream this week. I have spend over 1k the month I have been here buying crap and trying it not to mention sending a box of stuff to someone that was newer than I am. Posts like this sure make people feel welcome and I am sorry I posted asking for a sample puck. Thanks for all your help guess i will have to refrain from posting help questions anymore.

First off I am far from being cheap. If you really knew me you would understand that. I do not have a problem spending money on things I like. I just spend over 200.00 on shave cream this week. I have spend over 1k the month I have been here buying crap and trying it not to mention sending a box of stuff to someone that was newer than I am. Posts like this sure make people feel welcome and I am sorry I posted asking for a sample puck. Thanks for all your help guess i will have to refrain from posting help questions anymore.

Don't worry about it, man. Pretty sure that remark was tongue in cheek. I'm into samples too. Try Mama Bears, she sells chips of all her soaps for $1.00, good for a shave or two.

I am sure Scotto meant it in a nice way and was only teasing you. You can ask whatever you want and you will get answers plus the occasional tease, don't take it seriously, we are all gents helping each other in our addiction, oh sorry our hobby :thumbup1:

I am sure Scotto meant it in a nice way and was only teasing you. You can ask whatever you want and you will get answers plus the occasional tease, don't take it seriously, we are all gents helping each other in our addiction, oh sorry our hobby :thumbup1:

+1

I'm almost positive Scotto was just teasing. I wouldn't take it personally. The mods will do that from time to time. They're all really more than willing to help feed our shared addiction here at B&B. Just relax and remember that the mods here aren't out get anyone unless you're behavior really, really, really warrants it. :wink2:

The good soaps are relatively expensive for a supplier to give away samples. You really need 100 gram puck to be able to get stuck into the soap with your brush. The puck will last between two and four months and so you can see, its a dilemma.

If I were you, I would try the following makers to see which type you like.

Try Geo F Trumper for a tripple milled vegetable fat soap. Limes is popular if you live in a hot place. It's a well respected soap.

Try Tobac for an animal fat soap. Some guys think this soap is made in heaven. Actually its made in Germany.

Try one of the USA ladies who make Glycerin based soap. There are a couple of respected makers. The scent in particular is noteworthy I am told.

Once tested, your options will be narrowed down quite a bit. Mind you if you like them all, you need to take on a second job to pay for a SAD problem

The three pucks will keep you going for about six months minimum and cost less than buying tins of foam. If you don't like them, most guys will give you a reasonable amount to take them off your hands.

Keep smiling and don't let them get you down. It's amazing how the pen is mightier than the sword when your not face to face:wink:.

Last edited:

+ 1, but also, there was some great advice in there... Buy some Conks! It's great... cheap (what is it, 3 bucks for the small one?), easy to use, effective, my favorite everyday soap. :thumbup:

Try Tobac for an animal fat soap. Some guys think this soap is made in heaven. Actually its made in Germany.

Where's you're point? Germany is heaven. Great beer, shaving soap, and sausages. And the women folk aren't all that bad looking either. What more do you need? :w00t:

Be truthful, the main reason you think Germany is heaven is because you loved Willie Huber.:biggrin:

The last thing I need right now is for you to help get my title changed to "Pining for Willie Huber"! :mad3:

I mean I want it changed and all, but for crissakes man, what are you trying to do to me! :lol:

Be truthful, the main reason you think Germany is heaven is because you loved Willie Huber.:biggrin:

Don't forget this guy...
proxy.php

Top Bottom