What's new

Will we see "Swedish" Gillettes again?

Are they that different to current production Bleu extra/Super Silver Russian Gillette blades? I would like to know in what way.

There is a new "Swede" in different packaging that is a lot like the old one (though not exactly the same), but it's only available in a few European countries.

There is a new "Swede" in different packaging that is a lot like the old one (though not exactly the same), but it's only available in a few European countries.

Looks like you have a new import/export business to tend to, Jan Pieter... :smile:

Where I live Gillette Super Silver blades sale for €5,99 for a pack of 10 :mad: No shavegasm could justify that.

I will see Swedish Gillettes again. And again. And again.

At a blade a week, I should be seeing them daily for the next six years.

Crap! I only have a six-year supply! :eek: :mad2: :taz: :mad2: :taz: :eek:

Looks like you have a new import/export business to tend to, Jan Pieter... :smile:

If only ... unfortunately these blades are not available in my country (neither were the original "Swedes", by the way). As far as I know, they are for sale in Scandinavia and in some southern European countries. The blades I tried were a gift from Denmark.

They moved to Russia for production right?
But so are 7 O'clocks.
I would like to see some again!

After taking over Gillette, P&G started concentrating DE blade production for Europe and the Middle East in St. Petersburg. That led to a total of eight or more different blades in one plant. The resulting complexity I believe caused quality problems, like blades stamped "Polsilver" inside Super Iridium wrappers.

Gillette's answer was to reduce complexity by reducing the number of different blades, thus the discontinuation of Polsilvers and "Swedes."

"Swedes" have become another entry in the Traditional Shaving Book Of Remembrance, I'm afraid. And I barely have twenty years worth. :frown:

"Swedes" have become another entry in the Traditional Shaving Book Of Remembrance, I'm afraid. And I barely have twenty years worth. :frown:
Ahh, the Book of Remembrance, I know it well.

20 years is a good start, you just need to round your collection out with other blades from The Book.

If only ... unfortunately these blades are not available in my country (neither were the original "Swedes", by the way). As far as I know, they are for sale in Scandinavia and in some southern European countries. The blades I tried were a gift from Denmark.

Right, I'll pass this request along to JEEP instead... :biggrin:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I've got some Swedes in exchange for some Bleue Extra. The Bleue left me disappointed a bit. I also have the Platinum and Iridium here. I still need to get to those three... So far, in all the blades I tried, the best for me is either Feather, Kai or Astra Superior Platinum... I will check in again when I tried the Swedes, Platinum and Iridum...

Yes we have them here in Sweden :lol:
They are the only ones avalable at the local supermarket, $5.08 for 5 so they are not that cheap.

Top Bottom