What's new

I heard...

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I heard Michael Jackson died, but they're trying to keep it low key.

Has anyone gone more that 15 minutes without seeing something about MJ in the past week?

Hmmm... I'm not sure, but I think Farah Fawcett and a few others died recently too.

Does that answer the question?

Last edited:
I know what you mean..it's just amazing isn't it? Sure it was a sad loss, but now it is becoming a media circus.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hmmm... I'm not sure, but I think Farah Fawcett and a few others died recently too.

Does, that answer the question?

Don't forgot Karl Malden and any other celebs who die during the eclipse.

I know what you mean..it's just amazing isn't it? Sure it was a sad loss, but now it is becoming a media circus.
It always was a media circus ... if MJ didn't want to be in the spotlight his whole life, he wouldn't have made the choices he did.

It always amazes me that when a celebrity dies, it seems as if there is a docu-biography being shown on TV within a few hours. Its almost as if they have this stuff ready and waiting on the shelf while the person is still alive and kicking, and all they have to do is edit the first and last minute when said celebrity finally kicks off.

It always was a media circus ... if MJ didn't want to be in the spotlight his whole life, he wouldn't have made the choices he did.

It always amazes me that when a celebrity dies, it seems as if there is a docu-biography being shown on TV within a few hours. Its almost as if they have this stuff ready and waiting on the shelf while the person is still alive and kicking, and all they have to do is edit the first and last minute when said celebrity finally kicks off.

Or they just read the wikipedia page word for word. :tongue:

That's why I always tell my mom that 24 hour news networks secretly wish for these tragic events or else they wouldn't have anything to talk about. Get them a story and they'll milk it bone dry.

All I heard is that when Farah Fawcett died and got to the Pearly gates of heaven St Peters said she had been so good on earth that she could wish for anything her heart desired. After a moment she said "I wish for all the children in the world to be protected from harm".:rolleyes:

That's why I always tell my mom that 24 hour news networks secretly wish for these tragic events or else they wouldn't have anything to talk about. Get them a story and they'll milk it bone dry.

My mother used to sit and watch CNN with fascination all day long ... when I would sit and watch with her, I noticed that the network repeated the same stories in the same order every 20~30 minutes, round the clock.

That was all the news they had, and they just kept repeating it, over and over and over. The only break in programming was Larry King Live ... and although I really loved him when he was on the radio, he is boring as can be on TV, no matter who the guests are.

That was all the news they had, and they just kept repeating it, over and over and over. The only break in programming was Larry King Live ... and although I really loved him when he was on the radio, he is boring as can be on TV, no matter who the guests are.

Probably has to do something with the fact that you have to sit there and look at this while he's on TV:

proxy.php

There's probably better ways to spend an hour. :biggrin:

Top Bottom