What's new

Corn Razors

There have been quite a few used corn razors for sale on ebay over the last couple of months and I have one question. Why? I can understand the value of a 195 or a Toggle. I can appreciate why a collector would pay over $500 for the Sterling Razor. I can even understand why a collector would put such a premium on the hideous Multiplex razor. But why on Earth would anyone want a used corn razor? Even if they were giving them away, you would have to stop and think, this is a used corn razor. People, in the past, have used this item to scrape bunions and corns from their feet and now people expect to sell them on ebay. What kind of sick wierdo wants a used corn razor?

AJS said:
There have been quite a few used corn razors for sale on ebay over the last couple of months and I have one question. Why? I can understand the value of a 195 or a Toggle. I can appreciate why a collector would pay over $500 for the Sterling Razor. I can even understand why a collector would put such a premium on the hideous Multiplex razor. But why on Earth would anyone want a used corn razor? Even if they were giving them away, you would have to stop and think, this is a used corn razor. People, in the past, have used this item to scrape bunioins and corns from their feet and now people expect to sell them on ebay. What kind of sick wierdo wants a used corn razor?

Or more importantly, what are you doing looking up corn razors in the first place? I regularly look around at the razors on ebay and can safely say that I haven't seen a single corn razor that's warrented me looking at it let alone how much they go for.

I reckon your RAD is the worst/or best amongst us! :biggrin:

Jonnybc said:
Or more importantly, what are you doing looking up corn razors in the first place? I regularly look around at the razors on ebay and can safely say that I haven't seen a single corn razor that's warrented me looking at it let alone how much they go for.

I reckon your RAD is the worst/or best amongst us! :biggrin:

I just happened to come across it by accident, honestly!:blush:

'Cause you can get IT on eBay

I call it the roadshow effect -Folks see all sorts of things on these shows that seem innocuous at first that fetch crazy prices at auction- so everything OLD then becomes VALUABLE in their mind.

Go figger

rtaylor61 said:
Corn razors frequently come up in searches for straight razors. Many are sold as straight razors.

Randy

Have you ever tried one?:lol: How close to BBS are we talking?

R

rainman

Oh, I checked ebay. A razor for corns on your feet. Why? Just Why?

Just the idea of those damn things is disgusting to me. Imagine some sweaty, hairy sasquatch of a 1950's man scraping corns off his feet with one of those things in a steamy and stinky locker room. Watching the corns fall to the floor.
Ugghh...I'm gonna try to get that image out of my head

Thanks HeirkB

I really didnt need to taste my dinner twice ...

Just the idea of those damn things is disgusting to me. Imagine some sweaty, hairy sasquatch of a 1950's man scraping corns off his feet with one of those things in a steamy and stinky locker room. Watching the corns fall to the floor.

I saw them twice this week on the bay, and just had to look to see what it was. before that i have never seen or even heard of one.

I always envisioned them being used by sweaty old grandmas, this is 100x worse.

There isn't enough barbicide in the world :lol:.

Top Bottom