What's new

They got the tatoo wrong, but ...

Out of curiosity, how much do tattoos usually cost?

They were pretty cheap in Bali back in 1995. Of course they were done curbside with bamboo needle holders that looked like a back scratcher and a stick to tap it with. Also, they had black as the only color option, but some of the designs and workmanship made it pretty tempting. Alas, blood born diseases do exist in paradise.:frown:

Rationalize has a lot of meanings. Which one do you mean?

The meaning where you explain away your responsibility in the mistakes you've made in your life; also finding every reason to get yourself to believe they weren't really mistakes at all.

I'm inspired by the notion of tatooing a meaningful phrase on your body. Think I might get this one on my posterior:

proxy.php

Thought I'd replace the diamond with a Gillette Tech.

-----------------
alan

Her last name is French so I found it curious that she'd get a tattoo in Italian. I just did a Google search to look up her family history and surprisingly, she was born 20 minutes from me. You learn something new every day.

Her name means "Baker" in Italian.

Out of curiosity, how much do tattoos usually cost?

I had a fun experience with mine. I had it done in Amsterdam after having a few drinks :w00t:. It was very inexpensive maybe $100. It is small though only about the size of a baseball.

I had a fun experience with mine. I had it done in Amsterdam after having a few drinks :w00t:. It was very inexpensive maybe $100. It is small though only about the size of a baseball.

Why do all stories involving Americans in Amsterdam involve some sort of bodily desecration? :laugh:

Why do all stories involving Americans in Amsterdam involve some sort of bodily desecration? :laugh:

While I was getting my tattoo, there were people coming in nonstop getting their tongues pierced. That was fun to watch :eek: It was terrible one man moved and ripped a huge hole through his tongue. He was the only Dutch man, the rest were americans.

I've never gotten a tattoo, and probably never will.

The only design I'd consider is my SSN in bar-code readable format, on the inside of my forearm.

It would be similar in concept to the identifications at Auschwitz ... many times, I feel that my government treats me less like a citizen and more like a piece of inventory.

Top Bottom