What's new

G. Wostenholm "Celebrated" I-XL Custom Restore in Horn Acylic

This one is another of the four Sheffield's I have been working on for the last week..... A 7/8+ George Wostenholm & Sons Celebrated I-XL Washington Works Razor....
She got to me in pretty bad shape...

View attachment 57681

After some time on the buffers I ended up with a beautiful satin finish....
I used some of the new acrylics I just received Monday, this is the Natural Horn... The shape for the scales is kinda from an old Genco razor adapted to fit this Wostie...
I used all brass hardware and added the center pin with the brass concho...

View attachment 57682

View attachment 57683

View attachment 57684

View attachment 57685

Perish the thought! I like what Seraphim does, but Dremel work on that razor would be sacrilege of the highest order.

Admittedly, I hadn't thought about it's vintage. I don't even sand vintage blades for the fact that it makes the engravings that much shallower.

I'll rephrase and say imagine if he got his hands on a modern blade of similar dimensions.

Since no one has yet to compliment you on the dazzling center pin, I thought I would.

It's dazzling.

Thank you Gentlemen for the kind words they are appreciated...

I finally got around to getting this one honed up and shaved with it, pretty darn impressive...

I am actually not sure of where the 4 Sheffielders are going to end up, (there are 2 Reynolds this one and a Tillotsons) the lady that commissioned the work hasn't yet decided what her plans are for the razors...

Top Bottom