What's new

New Simpsons 2 Banded Supers!

After much waiting and wondering if this was ever going to happen, I recently recieved from Lee, 3 models of Simpsons with legitmate 2 Band Super hair. To say these brushes are beautiful would be an understatement! These are being labeled by Simpsons as 2 band, as you can see on the box. I have no idea what the ongoing availability is on these but I really hope we see them stay and possibly offered in other sizes in the future.

I've been using the Chubby 2 for a few days now and I am blown away by the feel of this brush. It has amazingly soft white tips, very similar to my Rooney's Finest brushes, with a VERY dense and firm backbone to it. This baby hardly blooms at all, yet I haven't had any problems with it hogging the lather. I really love the combo of the dense knot and soft tips, this one delivers. After about 5 shaves, the brush has really taken on a great feel to it and lathers like a beast with any soap or cream I've thrown at it so far.

I have yet to use the PJ or the Tulip, but they feel amazing. I'll probably take the PJ for a test run in the morning. Can't wait :drool:

Now that's amazing news on the shaving brush front....congrats Mike!
Now my missing links can be filled in: CH2, PL10, E3, PJ2 in two band super.

Apparently Vulfix succeeded to fetch a batch of two band super!

Get them while you can folks, you may have to wait for another few years before they will show up again!

After much waiting and wondering if this was ever going to happen, I recently recieved from Lee, 3 models of Simpsons with legitmate 2 Band Super hair. To say these brushes are beautiful would be an understatement! These are being labeled by Simpsons as 2 band, as you can see on the box. I have no idea what the ongoing availability is on these but I really hope we see them stay and possibly offered in other sizes in the future.

I've been using the Chubby 2 for a few days now and I am blown away by the feel of this brush. It has amazingly soft white tips, very similar to my Rooney's Finest brushes, with a VERY dense and firm backbone to it. This baby hardly blooms at all, yet I haven't had any problems with it hogging the lather. I really love the combo of the dense knot and soft tips, this one delivers. After about 5 shaves, the brush has really taken on a great feel to it and lathers like a beast with any soap or cream I've thrown at it so far.

I have yet to use the PJ or the Tulip, but they feel amazing. I'll probably take the PJ for a test run in the morning. Can't wait :drool:

Just what you needed, more brushes! :lol:

In all seriousness they are very sharp!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Ironically Richard (rustyblade at SMF) was attempting several months ago to get Lee & Vulfix to produce a true 2 banded Tulip 2 for a group buy at said forum.... it was determined it couldn't be done. I guess it could be done but not on the scale that was desired, or the numbers that were interested in the brush. Enjoy those they look quite luxurious!

Ironically Richard (rustyblade at SMF) was attempting several months ago to get Lee & Vulfix to produce a true 2 banded Tulip 2 for a group buy at said forum.... it was determined it couldn't be done. I guess it could be done but not on the scale that was desired, or the numbers that were interested in the brush. Enjoy those they look quite luxurious!

That is why I wasn't sure this was going to ever happen. I wasn't involved in that group buy attempt, but my understanding was that there were issues trying to locate the approriate hair to make the brushes. Whatever the case, the current offering certainly looks and feels great. I hope to get a chance to pick up more. Hooray for SBAD :biggrin:

I have been lucky enough to own one of these T2's as of last week. This is my 4th Simpsons Vulfix brush. I have a CH3 Best, CH1 Super, and a PL8 Best as well. This T2 is a sight to behold, not only is the hair really firm with really nice soft tips like Mike said, the handle is nicer than my other 3 brushes. It has a slightly more creamy color and its polished to an even more brilliant luster. It lathers soaps like a champ and has some real backbone.

I hope they continue to be able to souce this hair but if not, grab one while you can because these are real stunners. Thanks Lee!!

I will post pics tonight.

Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Thanks to this post I just picked one up from Lee as well. Just call Lee up and tell him you want a 2 band. They are going pretty fast though. Hopefully I'll be lathering with my first Tulip by the end of the week :)

I just talked to Lee. Because these are very limited right now, it's best to call or e-mail him directly. Glad I got in on this early cause they are going fast :cool:

I hate to disagree with you, but this is not the case. You should take another look.

If you hate to disagree, then don't :tongue: Yeah, I took another look, you're right. I do think the Chubby #2 Best and #3 Best look two band-ish in the photos, but all Supers are definitely 3-bands.

False alarm, nothing to see here.

Top Bottom