What's new

Billy Mays Dead

My 9 year old daughter loves infomercials. Billy was an infomercial Icon. Hate to see him go. How will Oxyclean be the same. Will Mightyputty be as Mighty. I think not. My prayers to the family.

Billy Mays' passing caught me more off guard than MJ's. I had just been talking to mom about his show on Sunday morning, then later in the day I heard of his death. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that would live fast and die young.. RIP.

Its sad indeed. Is there some sort of celebrity/hollywood apocalypse going on here? Bea Arthur, David Carradine, MJ, Ed McMahon, Billy Mays, Farrah Fawcett...yikes...Granted, some of the passed from ripe old age, but others were only 50 or so...RIP all of you, and peace for the families. Let us look ahead...

+1 It is uncanny how, no matter how rich, or popular a person is, we all eventually meet our maker. I also feel for his family.

"You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper." The Grim Reaper, from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Probable death from brain trauma suffered when the airliner he was on blew a wheel on landing, in Tampa. His disturbing World Wrestling Alliance style of screaming invoked the Pavlovian response in me of muting the sound when his need of a shave face presented itself. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

It is likely the head trauma and in that case very similar to the injury that took Natasha Richardson. Sorry to make light os such tragic deaths but with all of the ski helmet advocates coming out of the woodwork (rightly so IMHO) after ms. Richardson's acccident are we destined to see Mr. Mays' replacement hawking air travel helmets? I'm sorry for seeing the darkest most cynical side of things, but its what I'm paid to do for a living.

Probable death from brain trauma suffered when the airliner he was on blew a wheel on landing, in Tampa. His disturbing World Wrestling Alliance style of screaming invoked the Pavlovian response in me of muting the sound when his need of a shave face presented itself. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Early reports our of the coroner is that it appears that he died from heart disease. You look at all of the awful diseases that we hear and read about, cancer, HIV, swine flu, CF, MS and hands down the leading killer in our country is heart disease.

I was expecting some low-class exploitation but was pleasantly surprised. Might be a little early for "friends and family", but it is a tastefully done and nice sentiment.

EDIT: My expectation was not because of who posted it! I wasn't paying any attention to that when I clicked on the link.

Last edited:
"You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper." The Grim Reaper, from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

You namechecked The Reaper Rap in a thread about Billy Mays... I don't believe that the universe can contain that level of awesome.

That actually wasn't bad at all.

I was expecting some low-class exploitation but was pleasantly surprised. Might be a little early for "friends and family", but it is a tastefully done and nice sentiment.

EDIT: My expectation was not because of who posted it! I wasn't paying any attention to that when I clicked on the link.

That's what I thought as well, also not because of who posted it. It wasn't bad at all. It was tastefully done.

Top Bottom