What's new

A non-English brush from creams

EDIT: I forgot to say I can spend up to $75.00.

I am looking for a non-English brush suited for face lathering creams and occasionally soaps. Would anyone recommend one from their experience? Thanks in advance for your recommendations. BTW, I like a soft brush.

Last edited:
I am looking for a non-English brush suited for face lathering creams and occasionally soaps. Would anyone recommend one from their experience? Thanks in advance for your recommendations. BTW, I like a soft brush.
For face lathering, I get great results rubbing it up with the palm of my hand. It works with every cream I've tried.

Although I haven't tried it yet, I don't see any reason you couldn't do the same thing with soaps ... just like you rub a shave-stick directly on your face, you could rub a puck of soap either directly on your beard or onto the palm of your hand.

I face lathered soaps and creams with my Burma Shave boar brush. Worked great. Specifying non-English really knocks down the choices.

Buy a finest grade brush from penworks. Actually, he makes high lofts. Buy one of his knots and set it in a handle. A finest with a short loft will be great

Hi,

Well you have the choice in different countries:
France: Plisson
Germany: Muehle, Shavemac, and H.L. Thäter
Italy: Omega
Portugal: Semogue (vintage scent)

Regarding your price range, I will avoid Plisson as I don't like their entry line. For the rest, check the websites and make your decision. I have myself 1 shavemac and 3 Muehle; 2 Semogue brushes will come soon.

Wilfried.

Omega( Italy) makes a great face lathering brush, but I've only used their boar brushes. I think their badger brushes are well regarded though. Semouge was my first thought, along with Shavemac and Muehle. Superior brushes makes several sizes, they are a small US company, run by a couple firefighters.http://www.superiorbrushes.com

Get a finest knot from Golden Nib. 22mm is $21 plush shipping. It has the backbone of bore with the softness of silvertip. Buy a vintage handle and re-knot it. You will have a one of a kind superior brush. Penworks also sells pre-made brushes with the same knots. Will cost you all of that $75 though.

Another vote for German built brushes, obviously. For lathering creams I wouldn't want em to be too stiff. Good brands have already been mentioned.

Top Bottom