What's new

Billy Mays Dead

Funny thing is, before watching Pitchmen he got on my nerves. It was only after seeing that show that I realized what a nice guy Billy Mays seemed to be. I feel for his family, especially his little girl, she seemed to be crazy about her dad and I can't blame her. :001_smile Rest in peace Billy.

Exactly my experience. I was very pleasantly surprised by his "real life" personality. I am very sad. It seemed everyone he worked with liked him very much. His family was wonderful. My condolences to all of the people that knew him. After watching the show, I felt I knew him a little as well.

I always liked his commercials. His "enthusiastic" manner made me laugh. And his hair was as awesome as his beard. :biggrin:

Rest in peace, Billy.

Wow, hearing what you guys are saying about pitch men makes me wish I had watched the show. I only knew Billy Mays from his commercials... No one wants to be remembered that way do they?

Death is sad :frown:

Wow, hearing what you guys are saying about pitch men makes me wish I had watched the show. I only knew Billy Mays from his commercials... No one wants to be remembered that way do they?

Death is sad :frown:

Particularly when you feel him hot on your heels. Maybe I can engage death in a chess game :smile:

Funny thing is, before watching Pitchmen he got on my nerves. It was only after seeing that show that I realized what a nice guy Billy Mays seemed to be. I feel for his family, especially his little girl, she seemed to be crazy about her dad and I can't blame her. :001_smile Rest in peace Billy.

+1 It is uncanny how, no matter how rich, or popular a person is, we all eventually meet our maker. I also feel for his family.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just heard in the news that he was in a plane yesterday that had a very hard landing and he was even interviewed about this - stuff fell on his head.
Looks like we have maybe a similar case as Natasha Richardson.
Just this morning my wife and I had breakfast in out local diner and talked about Billy when we saw one of his adds. Sad.

Pitchmen is a fun show to watch. I really want to find those shoe inserts that they were using to bash their hands with a hammer.
Wow, 2 guys who were only 50 die in a matter of days. RIP Billy.

Dylan Thomas, right?.

Dylan who? Did I quote someone and not realize it???

If it is a head injury I'm reminded of how often people don't get them checked. I've seen plenty of medical shows where someone dies of unknown causes and it turns out it was a head injury. Yes it's a pain in the backside to wait in the ER, but I guess this is a good reminder that anything more than a little bump should probably get checked.

Again though RIP.

It sounds like he was a nice guy, and I may actually even miss hating his commercials :lol:

I'm also dreading the flood of commercials by the Sham Wow guy. He is a poor substitute for Billy Mays

Top Bottom