What's new

Melt C&E Soap?

V

VR6ofpain

Has anyone tried melting (via double boil or microwave) C&E shave soaps? I was thinking of melting a 50g puck of SAO shave soap into an empty deo stick container, to make a shave stick. I am just wondering if the glycerin content in it makes it easy to melt?

Anyone tried this with other dry soaps? Maybe I could do the milling, followed by double boiling? My only concern is loosing fragrance. I would skip all of this if I lose the powerful scent it has. I love it.

Has anyone tried melting (via double boil or microwave) C&E shave soaps? I was thinking of melting a 50g puck of SAO shave soap into an empty deo stick container, to make a shave stick. I am just wondering if the glycerin content in it makes it easy to melt?

Anyone tried this with other dry soaps? Maybe I could do the milling, followed by double boiling? My only concern is loosing fragrance. I would skip all of this if I lose the powerful scent it has. I love it.

You'll probably ruin the soap. Grating it is the only good option.

I was under the impression that only glycerine soaps could be melted and poured into a new container and still retain their normal function. I grated a C&E Sandalwood soap, and apart from some occasional minor separation of the gratings on the bottom, it works like it always did.

I grated a left over Almond and a Sienna together and pressed it into a small bowl and it's like having a new soap! I don't know if it's just the increased area, but it seems to lather better after grating.

No way should one attempt to melt a triple-milled soap...it goes funny and sort of "burns". Luckily I tried it with a cheaper milled soap so it wasn't a huge loss. Given you love the C&E SAO as much as I do, I think you would be very upset if you ruin a puck LOL

V

VR6ofpain

I have decided to keep it in puck form. No interest in milling and I don't want to ruin my small stash!

Every time I've "milled" a soap, it shrinks and then doesn't fit in the container I chose.

Best bet is to find a container for the soap.

Though here's a little something I did with my puck of Nomad:

I went to the gas stove in the kitchen. I had a glass bowl, somewhat larger than the puck. I heated the bottom of the bowl, then I pressed the puck down into the bowl, flat side down. I sort of pushed and twisted. The part touching the glass melted slightly, sort of making this "glue" - I kept pushing and twisting, then I let it cool.

The puck is now solidly attached the bottom of the bowl, and I have a huge area of soap on which to create my lather. Works like a charm. I'll have to post a picture.

Top Bottom