What's new

Edwin Jagger Travel Brush

I just pulled the trigger on this one as a second brush, for travel. My Shavemac is just too big (28mm knot and 5inches tall) to travel with, and this one looked like it might suffice. Besides, Crabtree & Evelyn has it for $35, and there's 25% off of that with a coupon that's good through 6/28. Coupon code is SALE25, if anyone is interested. Here's a link to the brush: http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/edwin-jagger-acc130245.html

I have one. I appreciate it because it's so different from my other favorite brushes (custom Shavemac and Rooney 1/1), which makes it fun/challenging to use effectively. It was a very thoughtful birthday gift from my sister, too, so I'm quite attached to it. It's floppy, scritchy, and not very dense. I love variety, though, so I enjoy using it. I hope you're not disappointed with it, compared to your Shavemac. It's apples and oranges, though, so you may like it if you don't try to compare it to a premium brush.

-Andy

I have one. I appreciate it because it's so different from my other favorite brushes (custom Shavemac and Rooney 1/1), which makes it fun/challenging to use effectively. It was a very thoughtful birthday gift from my sister, too, so I'm quite attached to it. It's floppy, scritchy, and not very dense. I love variety, though, so I enjoy using it. I hope you're not disappointed with it, compared to your Shavemac. It's apples and oranges, though, so you may like it if you don't try to compare it to a premium brush.

-Andy

I plan to use it exclusively for travel, and probably only with cream, not soap. So no, I'm not expecting much, just looking for simplicity and compactness. My Shavemac is an unbelievable silvertip brush and feels fantastic when face lathering with soap. But it's not practical to travel with; it's too big to even fit into a toilet paper tube, as many here at B&B suggest doing. Travel for me is all about efficiency, not about bringing the kitchen sink. I'm encouraged to hear you enjoy using yours. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :smile:

Sure thing. I travel some for work, so that's about the only time I use mine too. I have a bare bones, utilitarian travel rig, as well. It's a fun little brush, and if it ever wears out, I'll have it reknotted by Shavemac. :biggrin:

-Andy

-Andy

What Andy says. It works just fine for me as a travel brush.

Top Bottom