What's new

What is the most prized vintage Gillette?

I'm still learning and I think the Aristocrat and Milord in mint condition are rare ... but for the collectors on this board, which is the most prized or elusive Gillette, in general or personally?

the most prized vintage gillette for me personally is my slim adjustable...it's not rare by any means, but it's frik'n awesome!!

A pristine double ring in the original case with papers (like the one in Lucky's display case)!

Last edited:
A pristine double ring in the original case with papers (like the one in Lucky's display case?

Definitely a good one there.

How about one (of 6?) first hand made razors by King C. Gillette himself?

Some other rare ones include the bottom dial 195 adjustable, Tiffany sets, US Executive sets, and the British Aristocrat sets are pretty popular, but not very common finds.

There are a number of sought-after Gillette razors, some prized as rarities, others for aesthetic appeal or the shaves you can get with them, for the ingenuity of their engineering, some for all those reasons... but when i read the title of this thread (and it's a really good question you've posed).... Double Ring sprang to mind.

There are a number of sought-after Gillette razors, some prized as rarities, others for aesthetic appeal or the shaves you can get with them, for the ingenuity of their engineering, some for all those reasons... but when i read the title of this thread (and it's a really good question you've posed).... Double Ring sprang to mind.

ah ok. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=749782#post749782
I saw a British Aristocrat somewhere on BB and that razor looks beautiful .... I might have to look for one myself.

Darn, they are amongst the most prized ones? :eek: I found one yesterday at a local antique store for under 7$, and it was in excellent condition.

Thread with pictures:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96138

I read your thread. (I love this kind of descriptions!) My first score around 2 years ago was a #66 with box in very good condition. Exactly like yours.

They deserve the hype they get. But keep in mind this. We're in Europe. It makes sense that they are more common around here than in USA.

I own several and a #16. But I have yet to see a Fatboy in my exploits. :001_smile

I read your thread. (I love this kind of descriptions!) My first score around 2 years ago was a #66 with box in very good condition. Exactly like yours.

They deserve the hype they get. But keep in mind this. We're in Europe. It makes sense that they are more common around here than in USA.

I own several and a #16. But I have yet to see a Fatboy in my exploits. :001_smile

Yeah, I know. I found 5 gilettes at that store, all from England. I almost wish american razors where more common since it's easier to trace them.

Australia has so much British Influence but I've found a Slim and a Fatboy, and all the rest have been British...#16, #21, British Superspeed, Parat, English Techs.........

So seems to be a bit of a mix here.

That's kewl though as I've decided I'm happy with that situation :001_smile

Need to find some more Rockets and more Aristocrats.............

I really do like the British razors.......... The British Rhodium Aristocrats are just so shiney !!!!!! :001_smile

I'm going to throw in a "personal" razor suggestion as most prized, birth year razors. I know I've spent way more on 1978 SS's and Super Adjustables then any other razors I own. Probably paid too much for a couple of them. Those are the only ones I've had to actually hunt down and "go after" tho.
It also doesn't hurt that I found my cased 1905 DR for 10 bucks in a little antique shop:biggrin:

Well, the most-prized vintage Gillette I own is the 1950 Aristocrat - because of the excellent shaves.

The most-prized to me (but unowned) are some of the early, engraved travel sets (I have a 1917 gold set that's unengraved); some of the unusal sets (like the one on eBay for $400 or $500); a Tiffany set; or a military officer's set.

Some of the most-prized, generally, in addition to the ones mentioned above: Diplomats and Executives come to mind.

I'll go with the 30s Aristocrat (US). Great shave, classy looks. It is somewhat rare, but can still be bought at a reasonable price.

Top Bottom