What's new

Bay Rum...best/most availible?

I'm fairly new to this art, and for my first aftershave, other than the usual Nivea/Gillete/whats on sale at the supermarket that I typically purchase, I grabbed a bottle of the barber shop standard, Master's Bay Rum. It's a little strong however, but I love the smell of Bay Rum and this is the only one that I've known. Can anyone suggest another, perhaps better Bay Rum that is fairly available in most stores or online? Or perhaps a superior quality Bay Rum for a good price? (<$15/bottle?)

Thanks!

Jon

I'm fairly new to this art, and for my first aftershave, other than the usual Nivea/Gillete/whats on sale at the supermarket that I typically purchase, I grabbed a bottle of the barber shop standard, Master's Bay Rum. It's a little strong however, but I love the smell of Bay Rum and this is the only one that I've known. Can anyone suggest another, perhaps better Bay Rum that is fairly available in most stores or online? Or perhaps a superior quality Bay Rum for a good price? (<$15/bottle?)

Thanks!

Jon

I'm a big fan of Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum, another drugstore cowboy that is available in most Walgreens. Use this nifty "Check My Store" search tool by plugging in your ZIP code and hopefully a store near you has some.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...Count=0&nug=VPD&skuid=sku395726&id=prod395725

P.S. DDL rocks

Nice, thanks for the link, that will be my next bottle. But how's it taste with coke?:biggrin:

When I bought my bottle, I got a funny look from the sales clerk and she commented, "I didn't know we sold liquor" or something to that effect...:biggrin:

You should pick up some Pinaud Lilac Vegetal while you're at the store...probably one of the most controversial of all aftershaves (check out some of the threads in this forum). In the interests of full disclosure, yes, I am trying to proselytize you to the Veg. :wink:

I wonder how many college kids have bought a bottle of that thinking it was a libation to...the looks are uncanny compared to a Capt Morgan's knockoff.

Hmmm...lilac eh? I'll keep it in mind add to the controversy when I can...which side I'll take is to be determined. I'm not usually a fan of the flowery/fruit scents, although I'm assuming here and have not tried it. You know what they say, never discuss religion, politics or your aftershave preference in mixed company.

I just checked out Ogallalla's website and their 2oz bottle of Bay Rum is just .01 for new customers! You just pay shipping which is $4.80. It's typically a $20 for a 4oz bottle, so it's pretty good deal just to try it. I'm def going to try this, thanks!

+1 on ogallala... a love the bay rum w/ limes & peppercorns

and john (the owner) is very generous with samples.

One word of "warning" on the ogallala... the bottle says "shake very well" take this very literally. It is loaded with frag which may burn if you don't shake it very well every time you use it.

I think St. Charles Shave makes great AS milks. Pretty sure they make a bay rum and also a bay rum with a twist of lime. Prices are good, too.

I think St. Charles Shave makes great AS milks. Pretty sure they make a bay rum and also a bay rum with a twist of lime. Prices are good, too.

SCS Bay Rum w/ Twist is also very nice, but it's lighter than Og's and has more of a "ginger ale + lime" scent to it. I like it for more casual occasions.

Big thumb up for St. Charles Shave Bay Rum/twist. The bay rum scent is light and it lasts and the lime twist adds some freshness (I hope this description makes sense).

Dominica and St. Royall make some excellent bay rum AS as well.

Top Bottom