What's new

Un-notched pre date code SS (1947)

Hi All

I'm PIF'ing and selling some razors, just to thin the den and narrow down my rotation to a chosen few.

Among the Superspeeds I'm looking to lose are a Y2 40's SS and a B1 Flairtip but the real question is about an un-notched pre-date code 40's SS.

Although I am keen to pass these on I would like to think I could replace them if I wanted to return to them.

According to Guido Superspeed identification page no-notch model was only made in 1947

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=732565#post732565

Is this oddity plentiful or rare? If I get rid of it will I find another easily (or ever)? I don't care too much about value but scarcity is a factor in terms of ease of replacement. On the other hand maybe they churned 'em out, it being the first year of production and a new product to launch.

I'd just hate to lose it and never be able to get one back again should I want to.

So: common or rare?

And no jokes about "just keep it anyway" or "you can't have too many razors" -- RAD enablers you have been warned!!

:biggrin:

Thanks

not rare, but not common.

harder to find in the box, of course (cardboard boxes, those were).

It took me a little looking (a couple months' worth) to find mine (in box)....

Trust me, I'm not an enabler like the rest of the people here... you should keep it.

Really.

and buy more.

So it goes (as Vonnegut would say)

Thank Jon.

Glad it's not rare as now I can pass it on in peace, knowing there'll be another along if I ever need it.

:001_smile

So it goes (as Vonnegut would say)

Thank Jon.

Glad it's not rare as now I can pass it on in peace, knowing there'll be another along if I ever need it.

:001_smile

Be warned though, Ollie, while they do show up every so often it is much more rare to find one in excellent condition. All I have come across are fairly well worn. They were made in far, far, far fewer numbers than the notched versions which were produced for six plus years.

Top Bottom