What's new

Pompadour and goatee

Currently I am sporting a nice slick 50s pompadour which I have had for a few weeks now....however I am still wearing my facial hair in the same way I have for several years now, i.e. long sideburns and a goatee....one or two folk have commented that although the sideburns go well with the hair the goatee now doesn't match the whole 50s rockabilly hairstyle....any thoughts from members here on whether I am committing a faux-pas by keeping my goatee?

Wow, that's a pretty bold hairstyle these days! I honestly can't picture a goatee with a pompadour, so either you're crazy for trying it and the advice from your peers is right, OR you're some kind of creative hair genius. Hard to say--there's a fine line between genius and insanity after all!

...any thoughts from members here on whether I am committing a faux-pas by keeping my goatee?

Up until the point that one's personal grooming becomes a hazard to public health and safety - it is metaphysically impossible to "commit a faux-pas" as far as hairstyles are concerned.

Other people may find one's hairstyle and grooming to be gauche, unsightly, risible even. Shopgirls may snicker at a combover, sneer at a mullet, or shriek at a ponyhawk. But the ultimate decisions as to hairstyles (outside of certain uniformed organizations) devolve to the heads they cover (imperfectly or otherwise.)

If you like the way your pompadour looks, with or without a goatee, muttonchops, vandyke, or fu-manchu - then go for it. And tell your "friends" to pxxx off.

Last edited:
I have both. I look like this fellow:

proxy.php

I think you will have to post a pic so we can see the whole getup and then perhaps it will determine wether it fits your face or not.

I honestly can't picture a goatee with a pompadour, so either you're crazy for trying it and the advice from your peers is right, OR you're some kind of creative hair genius. Hard to say--there's a fine line between genius and insanity after all!

Would Bo Huff's hair be considered a pompadour? I don't think it's poufed up quite as much as most (trying to go by memory), but he's definitely rockin' the goatee!

proxy.php

This was me 10 years ago...

I've since ditched both the pomp and the goat an burns in favour for the thin chinstrap and soul patch. (my thinking patch)
proxy.php

Looking back on pics, I'd say ditch the goat, and keep the burns, plus a soul patch.

proxy.php

This was me 10 years ago...

I've since ditched both the pomp and the goat an burns in favour for the thin chinstrap and soul patch. (my thinking patch)
proxy.php

Looking back on pics, I'd say ditch the goat, and keep the burns, plus a soul patch.
I am not a supporter of the "chinstrap" but the goat doesn't really fit your face.

Top Bottom