What's new

Badger & Blade Tea Pass

Hear ye, hear ye! Announcing a tea pass for the members of B&B.

The point here is for everyone to get to try new teas, learn about Puerh and other teas and make some friends in the process. The rules and regulations of it are posted below. If you want to participate you MUST qualify, Qualification is also posted below. If you have any questions please contact me or Ouch.

Who can participate?
*To participate you must be a registered B&B member joined prior to Jan 1st 2009 and must have a minimum of 75 posts. Edit:Since I mad the rules, I get to change them. If you did not join before Jan 1, 2009 but have more than 300 posts, then you get to join the teapass also.
*You must live in the USA or Canada.

Rules
-1) You must contribute in some way, tea, tea pot, teacups etc..
-2) You may not take from the same tea twice, to ensure everyone gets some.
-3) Do not be greedy in what you take, give yourself an honest limit of how many tea you can try
-4) Ship box using normal carriers, USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL.
-5) For ease of shipping box is to be kept within the North America.
-6) Once received, reship within a timely manner (1-2 weeks).
-7) Label all tea added with your Badger & Blade user name next to it.
-8.) All tea is to be put in some sort of CLEAN container.
-9) Post when you shipped the box and to whom it is going to.
-10) You will in no way put anything in the box that is inappropriate or of hazardous material.
-11) ALL personal information, including addresses is confidential.
-12) The box MUST be kept 12*12*12 inches or smaller so the receiver does not have to pay for high shipping to the next person.
-13) Request that participants post regarding the teas that they sample and their impressions.
-14) HAVE FUN!!!

How does it work?
I will start the box and provide the "seed tea" It will contain a number of samples from the Group Tea buys as well as some other teas that I may have on hand. The box will then be sent to the next person on the list. That person will pay for shipping and notify the person to whom it is going to. That person will then try some of the teas included AND then place some more objects into the box, whether tea or tea objects. If there are teapots, cups or whatever, please keep the items in the box for the next person to enjoy. Try to keep the box small and light for ease of shipping. If there are any questions please contact Ouch or myself through PM.
Thanks!

How to register?
To register, please post on the forum by 15 Aug 09.
You MUST qualify according to the rules above. Applicants will be placed in order from date the message is received. I will begin sending the box around by next weekend based on the registrations.

So, let's get the tea train rollin'!

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Cool idea, especially for folks new to pu'er. I can add a dozen or so hunks to seed the box. I'm off my feet right now, but having participated in a passaround already, I can testify that it's a kick. :thumbup:

I'm in. I'll try to get a few things together that can go in.

Would anyone be upset if I put some Liu Bao and Oolong in it?

This sounds like fun! too bad I haven't been around long enough. I've been wanting to try out some new teas but I guess I'll have to wait. Shucks!

Hope all goes well for those of you that participate. Have fun!

Cool! Nice idea. I'm too newbified to play, though:frown: Maybe next time.:smile:

This sounds like fun! too bad I haven't been around long enough. I've been wanting to try out some new teas but I guess I'll have to wait. Shucks!

So, since I made the rules, I get to change them. I created another criteria for overall post count that waives the 1 Jan 09 join date. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do.

Bottom line: you guys are in if you are still interested.

Cheers!

I am also too new to join in which is a shame. I will get on next pass or if the new guys want in on one I have a few teas I could start it off with.

Well, the following folks are signed up so far for the B&B Tea Pass:
Ouch
P_K
Walter Sobchak
Arghblech
Joshua Da Silva
TacoBell
I will be packaging up the first bunch of teas for sampling this weekend. Box will be on the way to Ouch on Monday. I'll post later with an update on the contents of the box.

Last edited:
All right, I'm in!

I'll have to see what I can come up with to contribute to it. So far, I have a nice oolong from a local tea room. Perhaps I'll throw in a sencha that I also have lurking around here.

ouch

Well, the following folks are signed up so far for the B&B Tea Pass:
Ouch
P_K
Walter Sobchak
Arghblech
Joshua Da Silva
TacoBell
I will be packaging up the first bunch of teas for sampling this weekend. Box will be on the way to Ouch on Monday. I'll post later with an update on the contents of the box.

Whoa! Better boot me from first in line- I'll be laid up for at least another week or two, and it wouldn't be fair for me to slow down the train. Send it to another deserving member, and I'll either wait until it comes around or just send a package on ahead to a future recipient, who can add it to the box.:tongue_sm

Why did I have to get hurt in the summer?:frown:

OK, I changed the lineup a bit based on Ouch's request. Here is the new lineup:

P_K
Arghblech
Ouch
Walter Sobchak
Joshua Da Silva
TacoBell
_JP_

P_K: if you could PM me your address, I will get the box rolling this week.

Cheers,
Steve

ouch

OK, I changed the lineup a bit based on Ouch's request. Here is the new lineup:

P_K
Arghblech
Ouch
Walter Sobchak
Joshua Da Silva
TacoBell
_JP_

P_K: if you could PM me your address, I will get the box rolling this week.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'd feel awful if I were responsible for slowing this puppy down at the very beginning. That's usually the most critical time. I'll get the results of my MRI manana, and should have some idea of where I stand.

Getting a passaround box always makes me giddy. I feel like a kid in a candy shop- can't wait, even if I'm familiar with the bulk of it. :drool:

Thanks, Steve. I'd feel awful if I were responsible for slowing this puppy down at the very beginning. That's usually the most critical time. I'll get the results of my MRI manana, and should have some idea of where I stand.

Getting a passaround box always makes me giddy. I feel like a kid in a candy shop- can't wait, even if I'm familiar with the bulk of it. :drool:

MRI :scared: ...sounds yucky...best of luck. Drink more tea!

OK, tea pass has been launched! P_K should have it in short order. I have seeded it with a little something for everyone although I am sure there will be an even more amazing mix at the end.

Top Bottom