What's new

I just won 24 cans of cheap beer

Two days ago while shopping, I purchased various beers like I usually do. In Japan there are 4 big beer companies: Asahi, Sapporo, Kirin, and Suntory, and they each make a wide variety of beers and malt beverages, and I usually sample each kind regardless of if it’s the cheap kind or the expensive kind.

Well, there were two fairly new cheap beers from Sapporo, so I bought a can of each. On each can is a serial number that you enter on a website, and if you have a winner you get a 12 pack of beer. Well, according to the promotion there are 5000 winning cans throughout Japan, so I was thinking “yeah right. Like I could possibly get a winner,” but I figured what the heck and gave it a try. To my surprise, my first can was a winner! I claimed my prize and was told I’ll get my beer within 6 weeks…

Moving on a little later in the evening, I’m drinking the second can. I peel off the promotion sticker and try out this serial number. Astonishingly enough, that one was also a winner. So now I have 24 cans of cheap beer coming to me within 6 weeks. I’m hoping that I forget about it so I’ll give myself a pleasant surprise when they finally come.

However… A big lottery is being drawn tonight and all my luck was used up winning the beer…

Two days ago while shopping, I purchased various beers like I usually do. In Japan there are 4 big beer companies: Asahi, Sapporo, Kirin, and Suntory, and they each make a wide variety of beers and malt beverages, and I usually sample each kind regardless of if it’s the cheap kind or the expensive kind.

Well, there were two fairly new cheap beers from Sapporo, so I bought a can of each. On each can is a serial number that you enter on a website, and if you have a winner you get a 12 pack of beer. Well, according to the promotion there are 5000 winning cans throughout Japan, so I was thinking “yeah right. Like I could possibly get a winner,” but I figured what the heck and gave it a try. To my surprise, my first can was a winner! I claimed my prize and was told I’ll get my beer within 6 weeks…

Moving on a little later in the evening, I’m drinking the second can. I peel off the promotion sticker and try out this serial number. Astonishingly enough, that one was also a winner. So now I have 24 cans of cheap beer coming to me within 6 weeks. I’m hoping that I forget about it so I’ll give myself a pleasant surprise when they finally come.

However… A big lottery is being drawn tonight and all my luck was used up winning the beer…

Send the beer my way, and free up your luck for the lotto. :lol:

It depends on whether it's drinkable or not. We buy a pack of cheap lager as punishment on my morris side's annual Squire's Tour. Anyone who's made embarrassing cockups over the year has to drink a can in front of the other men!

Gareth

Top Bottom